- United States – Remote OK
Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs. Our mission is to help parents and caregivers provide their children with meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Lovevery is looking for an experienced Editor to plan and produce content that’s clear, informative, thoughtful, and of service to Lovevery customers and prospects. You’ll partner with our staff writers to dive deep into meaningful topics while ensuring our voice is consistent, on brand, and aligned with research and science-based findings. The ideal candidate understands and empathizes with what parents of babies and young children want and need.
The Editor is a self-starter who is eager to take on new projects and responsibilities, even when the path forward isn’t perfectly clear. You’re a skillful line editor who is capable of juggling multiple stories, topics, and deadlines with ease. You can handle the development of multiple formats, from longform articles to short, easy-to-digest posts, and will put care into ensuring each piece meets a high standard of excellence. You’re highly organized, communicative, and a team player.
- Work with the editorial team to plan and produce content that informs, enlightens, and engages Lovevery customers and also aligns with our mission and strategy.
- Edit posts for organization, readability, voice, style, and accuracy.
- Provide constructive feedback and coaching to writers to ensure all content reflects Lovevery’s mission, vision, tone, and voice.
- Work with the Editorial Director and others (Marketing, Social, SEO, etc.) to ensure high-quality content that’s produced efficiently and on deadline.
- Demonstrate savvy in creating content for digital channels.
- Work in a CMS platform to create, edit, update, and publish content.
- Monitor how content is performing and make recommendations for improvement.
- Contribute to other editorial projects as needed.
Qualifications and attributes:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of professional editing experience with a digital publication, magazine, brand, or similar entity.
- You combine clear and effective language with a deep understanding of voice and tone to produce compelling, on-brand content.
- You appreciate the detail-oriented work and time it takes to revise a piece to a high-quality standard.
- You’re a positive communicator and team player who demonstrates humility and flexibility with regard to feedback, edits, and shifting priorities.
- You understand a mobile audience’s behaviors and needs, including how best to present content clearly in a limited space.
- You have SEO optimization skills or are eager to learn.
- You can write strong headlines, subheads, captions, and other elements of story building.
- You think quickly and creatively about how to best deliver information to a specific audience.
- You can manage multiple projects simultaneously while helping your team meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You believe parenthood and early childhood are inspiring topics to work on, you have deep empathy for parents, and you’re well-versed in early child development.
- You’re a proactive self-starter who is resourceful and doesn’t need hand holding.
- You have strong attention to detail and high organizational and project management skills.
- You have a solid understanding of AP Style.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in English/writing/linguistics/child development or similar with a record of strong academic performance.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
How to Apply