Full-Time Editor ($70k to $80k)
Remote (United States)
Backstage matches creative projects with the best talent. We help staff over 50,000 creative projects a year in film, television, commercials, branded content, theater, experiential marketing and more. At our core is a strong belief in breaking down barriers and providing direct access to the best talent in the creative industry. We’re a team of customer centric, analytical and creative problem solvers with a passion for helping our customers make amazing projects together.
Backstage Holdings’ mission is to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. At our core is a strong belief in breaking down barriers and providing direct access to the best talent in the creative industry. We’re a team of customer centric, analytical and creative problem solvers with a passion for helping our customers make amazing projects together. Our mission: to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. Backstage provides solutions that manage the entire project lifecycle, including talent discovery and staffing, production, post production, and distribution. Our brands include Backstage, Coverfly, FilmFreeway, Final Draft, ShareGrid, Sonicbids, and Voice123. Visit our website for more information.
Backstage Holdings is part of Cast & Crew LLC, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
Backstage is seeking an Experts Editor to build and maintain a stable of top-tier industry professionals to develop content that increases brand authority through advice and insights. They will coordinate the day-to-day management of these individuals and be responsible for delivering against content calendars tailored to deepen our SEO value and drive conversions. They will own the editing and publishing of this content while also serving as a resource for magazine and social content creation. The Experts Editor will report to Backstage’s Editor-In Chief.
What You’ll Do:
- Recruit and manage a stable of top-tier industry professionals to serve as writers and/or quoted experts in Backstage’s content offerings across all of our platforms including Backstage Magazine
- Managing the creation of timely, effective and accurate content for an audience that includes actors, creators and crew
- Communicate daily content assignments to expert writers and manage editorial workflow from start to finish. Includes writing assignment letters, editing content for readability, tone, substance and SEO viability
- Work with EIC and Growth Lead to identify topics and build an editorial calendar
- Develop content that’s performative across search and social
- Track and report on content performance with a focus on traffic and conversions
- Coach and mentor writers to ensure the highest quality of content
What we’re looking for from you:
- 5-8 years experience in content creation with a proven track record of growing traffic and social audiences through content development
- Exceptional people skills and recruiting capabilities. Ability to wrangle writers ensuring all deadlines are met
- A background in writing and editing, specifically as it relates to creative industries
- Strong familiarity with SEOfrom proper formatting and keyword usage to targeted Title Tags, URLS, and Meta descriptions
- Skill and experience working with freelance writers at every stage of the process, from pitching and honing ideas all the way up to line editing
- Proficiency in traffic monitoring systems such as Google Analytics 4 and Parse.ly, and the ability to use data in content planning
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- An impressive handle on the written word and airtight editorial judgment
- Solid contacts in the industry to help deliver access stories
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
Special Work Conditions
- Sedentary Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Compensation is commensurate with various factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, skills, training, licensure, certifications, geographic cost of labor, and other business and organizational needs. Compensation range for candidates in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
The compensation range for this position is: