Editor, Core Curriculum
Remote – Remote,
Remote Type Fully Remote
Salary Range $35.00 – $38.00 Hourly
MIND Education is seeking an experienced and passionate editor to work with a team of curriculum developers and instructional designers on the development of a core elementary mathematics program. We are the creators of ST Math, a breakthrough approach to learning mathematics using spatial temporal models embedded into interactive puzzles based on neuroscience and the way the brain learns.
This role works in close collaboration with the product development and curriculum design teams. In this role, the editor is responsible for copy editing, ensuring consistency of voice and quality, and supporting the execution of the product vision.
The editor should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, completely online environment where flexibility is key.
- Review core program materials and make suggestions to improve concision, clarity, flow, accuracy, and overall quality
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors
- Understand and apply MIND’s writing style guide and the Chicago Manual of Style
- Collaborate with math curriculum designers, project manager, and curriculum director to meet project deadlines
- 2-4 years of editorial experience
- Demonstrated ability to review and edit curriculum content
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience developing print and digital curriculum products for math education
- Understanding of educational technology and rapidly evolving business environments
- Teaching experience in the K-5 market
This is a full time, 12-month contract role, on the Curriculum and Instruction Team, reporting to the Curriculum Development Director. This is a fully remote role and can be anywhere in the United States, as long as you don’t mind turning on your webcam to build a rapport, even from a distance.
MIND offers a competitive rate ($35-$38 an hour), with great benefits that include health, dental, vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, fertility/adoption assistance and employer contributed 401K.