As a Global Service Provider, We Prioritize Inclusivity.
We Are Proud to Source, Train, and Create Opportunities for Diverse Talent From All Over the World.
TUW provides an interactive and engaging platform to connect skilled freelance creatives with businesses and individuals looking to delocalize their content needs. We have a sensational community of creatives and a passionate, driven, and ever growing customer base. Every individual who enters our community is a vital player in the continued growth and success of our company.
The Urban Writers is looking for Professional Freelance Editor to edit for and build relationships with our customers online.
Apply Via Website Only
*Please use this link to apply via our website. https://theurbanwriters.com/pages/join-our-team *
Why Freelance With Us?
Equity and Inclusivity
- We use productivity and achievement standards to support freelancer success. We apply the same evaluation criteria for everyone, regardless of their location, gender, age, or ethnicity. We follow inclusive language principles, and use accessible communication streams that allow Urbanites to be themselves.
- We are transparent and open with our freelancers. Compensation is disclosed at the outset of each project.
Talent Support and Accountability
- We provide regular training sessions and support for our freelancers to enhance their skills, which helps them refine their ability to provide a supreme offering to our valued customers.
As a Freelance Editor You Will
- Edit to ensure high quality books, short stories, blogs, and book descriptions
- Deliver on time and be open to feedback from customers and writers
- Follow specific formatting guidelines and style guides
- Work via our collaborative order management platform
- Edit content that ranges from 500-50,000 words and will be paid once the project is finalized
What You Bring to Our Customers
- Diligent and thorough editing and ability to work with a wide variety of topics
- Ability to copy edit, line edit and proofread approximately 5,000 words per day
- High attention to detail and a drive to make writing pristine
- Confident and adept at working in a completely remote environment
- Expertise with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and Slack
- Familiar with APA 7th style and comfortable using style guides to make decisions when editing
- Communication skills to work with writers and with customers to build trusting relationships
- Customer focused
Apply Via Website Only
Please use this link to apply via our website. https://theurbanwriters.com/pages/join-our-team
Candidates will be asked to submit a 2000-word editing sample.
A trial/test order is a further part of the application and decision making process including platform and style guide training.
We pay in US currency.
To learn more about our company please visit www.theurbanwriters.com