Editor – Lexis for Microsoft Office(LMO)/Lexis Create
LexisNexis, a part of RELX, is a leading global provider of legal, regulatory, and business information. We help customers increase productivity and improve decision-making and outcomes. Our 10,500 experts and innovative tools help us shape a better world for our customers and communities.
About the Role
The LMO/Create Editor role plays a critical role in the development, maintenance, and support of our Lexis for Microsoft Office and Lexis Create platforms. They are instrumental in identifying and incorporating new trends in legal writing and citation styles into our platform. This role is integrated into a cross-functional agile team responsible for these platforms, contributing to requirements formation, and testing, and serving as a subject matter expert for sales and support. It’s a unique role that provides exposure to both Global Operations and Global Product Development, broadening your understanding of our business.
- Provide expertise on US citations and historical relationships, Bluebook and state citation styles, and their usage in US legal writing to the product and technical teams supporting Create.
- Comprehend various aspects of US legal writing in a litigation context, including creating briefs, pleadings, motions, and other legal documents. Offer expert guidance on format, style, and structure to product and technical teams.
- Mine Lexis content for valuable data and trends, analyze this data, identify critical components, and communicate these insights to the product and technical teams.
- Assist in defining requirements for the Create Litigation product concerning citation format, functionality, and display.
- Communicate legal and product knowledge to external partners, including development teams and third-party vendors or business partners.
- Effectively communicate legal and editorial knowledge to both internal and external customers.
- Provide customer and/or internal demos or training as required.
- Analyze product data constraints and implement improvements.
- Address challenges related to leveraging content as they arise in day-to-day operations.
- Identify and prioritize product or data issues and draft recommendations, revisions, or clarifications as needed.
- Maintain and further develop an advanced level of knowledge about our customers and their legal practice needs.
- Respond to and troubleshoot customer issues as necessary, including queries via Ask Our Experts and referrals from problem tickets.
- Assist in the preparation of marketing/training materials related to Create Litigation as needed.
- Perform UAT testing on Create Litigation before any release into Production.
- Assist with testing on Release Nights.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
- A law degree from an accredited US law school or substantial litigation experience as a paralegal.
- Significant experience in creating briefs, pleadings, motions, and other legal documents for submission to US appellate courts.
- Strong and influential communication skills, adaptable to diverse audiences.
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Extensive experience applying Bluebook, US state, and local style guide rules for citation formats.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Advanced reading comprehension skills and the ability to quickly identify legal issues.
- Ability to work independently while also actively participating in a team environment.
- Proficiency in PC skills and a strong understanding of Microsoft Office. The ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business demands.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LexisNexis products, databases, and workflows.
- Ability to perform complex legal analysis.
- Thorough understanding of editorial processes and how they impact legal analysis and our customers.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization, with various flexible and remote working options available to employees.
Working with Us
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Together, we are building a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Working for you
We believe in a healthy work/life balance. We know that your well-being and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
– Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
– Disability insurance
– Dependent care and commuter spending accounts
– Life and accident insurance
– Retirement benefits (salary investment plan/employer stock purchase plan)
– Modern family benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
About our Team
LexisNexis is a data and analytics company with 10,500 colleagues serving customers in more than 150 countries. We’re one of the largest information and analytics companies on the planet. We design solutions that help our customers increase productivity, improve decision-making and outcomes, and be more successful.
$55,000- $64,000 annually based on experience
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK .