Full-Time Editing Specialist
n2y is a national leader in creating and delivering educational materials and curriculum for the special education classroom. The company creates symbols, content and curriculum delivered using dynamic and interactive applications to students, teachers and parents. Its curriculum is used extensively throughout the United States, and the company has the number one licensable symbol set used to develop special education content.
The Editing Specialist’s role is to proofread content across all n2y solutions within a deadline-driven and team-like atmosphere ensuring error-free publication of materials. The Editing Specialist is also responsible for conducting end-user testing to ensure accuracy of interactivity components within materials.
- Proofread company’s pre-published content checking spelling, punctuation, grammar, terminology and semantics, proper trademark and copyright use while adhering to AP Stylebook and internal style guides.
- Ensure accuracy of content by researching, fact-checking and/or authenticating sources.
- Conduct end-user testing ensuring all interactivity is properly set to function as intended.
- Collaborate with teams across departments offering constructive feedback on content as well as interactivity.
- Ensure a clear and consistent voice across products.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communication or Education preferred.
- 3-5 years minimum experience.
- Expertise in the English language and the AP Stylebook is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Google applications (Doc, Sheets).
- Proficient in MS Office applications (or equivalent in Mac), Adobe Acrobat, as well as, strong PC skills.
- Possesses a detail-oriented attitude with the ability to multitask in a face-paced environment.
These qualifications are general guidelines for success, however, we understand that not all candidates will have experience in each area. If you have skills and experience that may be transferable to this role and share our passion for our mission and values, we would love to hear from you!
n2y cultivates a fun, collaborative and innovative work environment where diversity is embraced, encouraged, and empowered. Our teams are diligent, informed, and tireless in their work serving individuals with special needs. n2y’s team members are encouraged to learn, work, play, serve, donate, communicate, and advocate. We keep the needs of individuals with disabilities at the forefront of each day with outstanding teammates to help us meet those needs.
n2y offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. It also has a company matching 401(k) savings plan.
n2y is committed to providing a Drug-Free Workplace for all employees.
n2y is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.