Contract Drug Content Writer
What You’ll Do
Your goals as a Freelance Drug Content Writer will be to:
- create comprehensive drug articles that provide critical information from the PI and other reputable sources
- help readers understand everything about the drug: what it does, how it works, what its side effects are, etc.
- provide answers to the questions readers ask most often about these drugs
To Accomplish These Goals, You’ll
- write articles of ~1,500–4,000 words based on the outlines provided, using your own words
- use the PI and other primary sources to create content that’s accurate and current
- ensure that all language is accessible to lay people
- write at an 8th- to 10th-grade level (short words, short sentences)
- define all key terms (if a person off the street might not know what a word means, you’ll define it)
- write first drafts of each article, and second drafts as needed
What We’re Looking For
- A PharmD or RPh
- Experience writing drug-related content for consumers* — 3 or more writing samples required
- Ability to accurately interpret studies and translate statistics/results into language understandable to lay readers
- Availability to commit to at least 20–30 hours per month
Please note that clinical writing experience is not what we’re looking for — we need experience writing to lay people who don’t understand drugs.
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation for this position.
- Compensation: $125-$350 USD/article, depending on article type/length
We welcome all interested freelancers, but as we expect to receive a high number of responses, we are unable to provide individual feedback. Please also note that we cannot accept interest without either writing samples or a link to your online portfolio. Cover letter strongly preferred.
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse partnerships at every level of the company, and we seek freelancers who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.