Director, Social and Community
Title: Director, Social and Community
Location: Work From Anywhere – Remote
About Big Sky Health
Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, flexible time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
The Director of Social and Community will be the strategic lead of the Zero community, owning all organic social channels as well as internal and external communities. This multidisciplinary role must be well versed in Internet culture, community building, and content planning. They will make an outside impact to help unlock the power of metabolic health for tens of millions of people around the world.
About the role
This person will report to the VP of Content and Community and will be responsible for using social media to create attention, grow communities, and maximize content impact as well as building the team from the ground up.
In this role, you will:
- Develop strategic plans for community activations, define and execute an innovative community roadmap to grow, engage and retain across social, in-app, forums, and virtual and physical events
- Own the process for day-to-day social, briefing teams on upcoming campaigns, providing feedback, and ensuring consistency of messaging / branding across all social media channels
- Plan and execute the organic content calendar across all touch points including social, product and lifecycle
- Devise, monitor, and optimize organic campaigns to meet KPIs
- Drive innovation across all social and community channels, remaining up to date on new technologies, platforms, trends and competitor activities to apply to strategic plans
- Serve as the online voice to engage with the community and enhance our social presence across existing, emerging, and new platforms
- Partner with the Content team to best communicate with users and health enthusiasts
- Work with our scientific advisory board and chief medical officer to extend our brand position across all channels
- Grow new followers and build programs to galvanize our most engaged users, turning them into community ambassadors
- Build and manage a team of community specialists and moderators as we expand the scope of the community
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Design and Engineering to develop and enhance the owned and operated community strategy
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop cross-channel campaigns that impact company OKRs
- Own all influencer programs to drive community growth and in-app initiative participation
- Implement processes and tools to achieve social and our community’s goals
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience building, scaling and managing an online community and the social channels with at least 100,000 active users for a leading consumer internet company
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills and a passion for helping people; an ability to build and maintain relationships – and foster relationships among others
- A keen sense of how to drive quality conversations and engagement on a variety of platforms
- An entrepreneurial mindset to be strategic and tactical; be ready to get in the weeds to build new initiatives from the ground up
- Prior management experience of a small to medium-sized team
- Proficient in social media tools and software including Sprout social
- Ability to think creatively with a passion for developing and delivering big ideas
- Extreme attention to detail with relentlessly high standards
- Experience overseeing and optimizing social budgets across multiple platforms
- A passion for the health and wellness space and familiarity with existing people and channels is a plus!