Full-Time Director of Marketing
Backstage matches creative projects with the best talent. We help staff over 50,000 creative projects a year in film, television, commercials, branded content, theater, experiential marketing and more.
At our core is a strong belief in breaking down barriers and providing direct access to the best talent in the creative industry. We’re a team of customer centric, analytical and creative problem solvers with a passion for helping our customers make amazing projects together.
Backstage is seeking a Senior Director of Marketing to direct the overall marketing strategy and growth initiatives across our Final Draft and Industry Arts brands (Screencraft, Coverfly, WeScreenplay, The Script Lab). The Senior Director of Marketing is a key senior leadership position, and you will be playing an integral role in the development and future growth of the organization. In this role, you will be overseeing and managing all activities for our marketing team, consisting of a Director of Growth Marketing, CRO Manager, Growth Marketing Manager, Graphic Designer, Content Manager, Social Media Manager, Product Marketing Manager, and Marketing Coordinator. We are a collaborative, flexible, and innovative group who value data-informed decision-making in a supportive, open environment.
As Senior Director of Marketing, you will work cross-departmentally with our Product, Technical Support, and Sales Teams to identify, implement, and execute strategies to best serve the needs of our screenwriting community while upholding brands presence at the forefront of the screenwriting business. This role will require the commitment to a develop a deep understanding of the screenwriting industry, and how each of our distinct brands serves our audience in specific, unique, and complementary ways As we are a lean team in a scaling organization, you must thrive as a hands-on contributor in a senior leadership role.
The Senior Director of Marketing will report to Final Draft’s President of Script Services.
What You’ll Do:
- Refresh and manage a well-defined GTM, positioning, and communication strategy for Final Draft and Industry Arts brands; develop revenue, channel and operations strategies
- Identify, recommend, and implement new marketing strategies to expand market dominance both domestically and internationally with focus on revenue and site plan and performance, competitive analysis, and user and audience analysis
- Lead and manage high-performance marketing team of 8, including 4 direct reports; foster a positive environment that encourages collaboration, upholds commitment to process, and provides professional development and mentorship. Reorganize team as needed to optimally service the multiple lines of business
- Manage agency and outside contractors
- Conduct extensive primary and secondary research through competitive landscaping, customer interviews, surveys, and other methodology to understand and meet specific user and localization challenges; use discoveries to drive penetration of product in new markets and plan possible transition to subscription payment plan
- Work closely with product, enterprise and consumer sales, and technical support teams to identify the highest-converting customer requests; apply insights to create product-centric content roadmap, including articles, promotional and tutorial videos, white papers, ebooks, and case studies to market current and future feature sets across our Industry Arts and Final Draft brands and increase customer retention
- Leverage analytics tools (we use Looker, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Hubspot, and Airtable) to measure and report customer engagement and adoption
- Apply deep understanding of screenwriter needs, wants, and pain points to for creation of sales enablement content
What we’re looking for from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required
- Minimum 5 years experience in creating positioning and messaging for a successful software or related company with evidence of customer growth
- Minimum 5 years experience with customer segmentation and strategizing effective communication and positioning for each unique segment
- Minimum 2 years experience using demand generation, messaging, and content marketing to drive user acquisition and software or product adoption
- Strong track record of creating positioning and messaging for a successful software company that drove customer growth (bonus points for a experience marketing SaaS offerings)
- Deep experience with customer segmentation and strategizing effective communication and positioning for each unique segment
- Experience using demand generation, messaging, and content marketing to drive user acquisition and software adoption
- True interest in understanding the screenwriting customer; you enjoy the deep dive process into their needs, and translating that research into actionable communication strategies
- Proven ability to solve complex challenges
- Exceptional analytical skills, i.e. the ability to assemble and interpret data, create executive summaries and deliver actionable business insights
- Experience building, hiring, managing, mentoring, and leveling up a remote team
- Adept at using qualitative and quantitative research methods and methodologies, including market landscaping and competitor analysis, to support product marketing decisions
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to suit a variety of individual personalities and levels of seniority
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including driving consensus and alignment
- Good communicator, great collaborator, and team member
- Passionate about testing and pushing the boundaries of growth opportunities
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with the ability to pivot needed
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
What we offer:
- Company remote-first policy
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Membership to Burnalong as part of our commitment to mental health and wellness
- Employee Discount Program
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Equipment you need to do your job
- 401K Match
- Reimbursement for continuing education to support your professional development
- Great Place to Work Certification!
The base compensation range for this position is $140K-150K annually. Compensation is commensurate with various factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, skills, training, licensure, certifications, geographic cost of labor, and other business and organizational needs.
About Backstage Holdings
Backstage Holdings’ mission is to empower creative talent and streamline the content creation process for projects in film, television, commercials/branded content, social media, theater, music video, video games, and more. Backstage provides solutions that manage the entire project lifecycle, including talent discovery and staffing, production, post production, and distribution. Our brands include Backstage, Coverfly, FilmFreeway, Final Draft, ShareGrid, Sonicbids, and Voice123. Backstage Holdings is part of Cast & Crew, a family of individually innovative companies modernizing the ways in which content is created.
Backstage Holdings is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
245 total views, 1 today