Part-Time Direct Response Copywriter
We are seeking a highly skilled Direct-Response Copywriter on a part-time contract basis (20-30 hours per week) with the potential for the position to evolve into a full-time role. Open to Junior and Senior levels of experience.
You will write entertaining video scripts, head-turning hooks, and bold body copy for digital advertising campaigns. You will play a crucial part in helping our creative team produce engaging, compliant ads that convert.
Experience in compliant copywriting for advertising platforms will be highly advantageous.
- Develop, write, and edit copy for video ad scripts (YouTube, Facebook, TikTok)
- Develop, write, and edit copy for image-based and text-based ad campaigns
- Write concise, creative, engaging hooks and headline alternatives for all ads
- Work collaboratively with the Creative Director/Team to complete new ads and ongoing variations
- Revise and refresh existing ads into better-converting, more compliant versions
- Stay current with the latest conversion techniques, copywriting tools, AI strategies, and other elements of competitive advantage
- Help ideate new creative campaign concepts and videos
The key results we expect from this role include:
- Increase in the number of new ads and ongoing variations written
- Increase in quality, clarity, and consistency of messaging across ads
- Increase in key performance metrics of ads
- Minimize the number of ad takedowns for compliance-related issues
- This is initially a part-time contract position with the expectation that the right candidate will transition into a full-time role.
- 3+ years of experience in direct-response writing
- Deep understanding of conversion-focused copywriting techniques, sales strategies, and time-tested formulas
- Basic understanding of ghostwriting and messaging shifts based on audience, spokesperson, and context of ads
- Basic understanding of YouTube/Facebook/Google compliance regulations
- A sensational writer who can turn a creative brief into a complete video script with Hollywood-level attention to detail. (tone, props, scenes, b-roll, camera cuts, etc.)
- Proven track record in writing ad copy for YouTube/Facebook/Google in various formats (video, image, text, etc.)
- Ability to work proactively and autonomously in a fast-paced, dynamic, remote team environment
- Ability to accept feedback and complete ongoing revisions with the team
- Recently recognized as #19 on the Inc 5000’s list of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America for 2023!
- We are a completely remote team located worldwide with 50+ employees, and last year, we generated over $70M in revenue.– and we’re just getting started!
- We have all the fun perks you’d expect—flexible vacation policy, competitive vision, dental and health benefits, 401k plans, and team socials…yes, even remotely!*
- We are proud of our culture and care about it deeply—we live by our company values (1) Service that WOWs, (2) Ultimate Team Player, (3) Great Freakin’ Attitude, (4) Billion Dollar Standards
- We encourage learning, growth, and continuous improvement, so we always look for ways to help our staff grow. From monthly training to hiring mentors, we care about your personal growth!
- If you want to join a team on the ground floor, this is your chance. We have a grand vision for expanding beyond just an education company to become the one-stop shop for all self-publishing needs.
*Some benefits are available to our US-based employees only.