Digital PR Journalist
Title: Digital PR Journalist/Writer
Location: Raleigh, NC
*Please note: this role requires previous writing experience or previous experience in digital PR, with media or publisher experience preferred.*
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced journalist who can research and write timely, data-driven, and newsworthy content to support our brand’s digital PR strategy and deliver a best-in-class content franchise! You will be responsible for writing highly promotable content for our brand designed to earn the attention of journalists, reporters, bloggers, industry-specific publishers, and website owners who can share our content, industry insight, and thought leadership with their audiences. You will collaborate with a team of experts across writing, digital experience, data, digital marketing, and SEO to create world-class content for our innovative marketing campaigns.
Position is based in Raleigh, NC but open to remote candidates as long as individuals are able to work EST business hours and have the ability to travel to Raleigh, NC 2-4 times per year, as needed.
- Write highly promotable content for our brand earning media attention from a variety of outlets
- Leverage your media knowledge and editorial experience to write relevant stories that build the authority of our brand
- Collaborate with digital PR team to select campaign ideas, interpret and present data in a compelling way, and execute against predetermined deadlines and schedules
- Independently find and analyze data sets to support content roadmap and weave those findings into your writing to appeal to journalists and third party publications
- Leverage content briefs developed by the digital PR team to guide campaign strategy, results, and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Lead and facilitate interviews to gather research and collect quotes to create feature articles or digital PR materials
- Be available for follow-up questions necessary for interviews and other media appearances
- Stay at the forefront of content trends and share new concepts with the Digital PR team
- Stay at the forefront of UX best practices for content, and use E-A-T principles to increase consumer and journalist engagement with our content
- Creativity & innovative thinking that leads to new and differentiated content ideas
- Outstanding research & writing skills, with minimal editing required
- Ability to find and incorporate compelling data and insights that differentiate our brand’s content
- Proven experience and ability to distill complex data into an easily digestible and compelling narrative
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Proven ability to manage to project schedules and deadlines
- Ability to effectively balance several project deliverables simultaneously
- Successful in blending quality work with project efficiency
- Ownership mentality with a high-level of initiative
- Receptive to feedback and able to act upon what you hear
- Passion for learning and growing
About Your Background
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Data Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Requires 3+ years of proven success writing for the news media or commerce media digital publications
- Proven experience pitching content ideas in a team setting
- Experience with MarketMuse, Clearscope or an equivalent, Grammarly, and individual brand style sheets; Familiarity with AP style guide
- Experience working at a publisher or in a newsroom is a plus, but not required
3S Home is part of the Three Ships family of digital businesses. Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Home, Auto, Legal, and Health industries with a collective goal of simplifying the ways people discover, research, and buy. We have a proven playbook and are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to apply it to new uncharted areas. You will have a front-row seat to build and grow a business and there is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Here at Three Ships, we are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media, and more. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills is endless. Bottom line, at Three Ships, we have a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun. We’re excited to have you see what we’re all about firsthand.
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Three Ships also has remote opportunities as well as hubs in Charlotte, NC, San Jose, CA, and London, UK.
About 3S Home
- Launched Fall 2017
- 3S Home targets the rapidly digitizing home services vertical
- 3S Home matches homeowners with the right service provider to meet their needs.
- Through our websites and partners, 3S Home has a proprietary audience of 25M+ homeowners and prime real estate in search engines.
- We have created a whole class and layer of guides, reviews, and ratings that are best on the Internet and editorially independent.
- We use this audience to help leading home services brands acquire new customers.
As a full-time employee of Three Ships, you’ll have access to competitive benefits, including flexible time off, health/dental/vision, 401k match, a monthly wellness stipend of $125 for house cleaning, gym membership, grocery delivery or massages, and up to $75 mobile reimbursement. If you join us in person in our Raleigh or Charlotte locations, we have an office stocked with snacks, coffee, and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
How We Hire
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.