Category General & Administrative
Location Remote, United States
General & Administrative – Creative
Do you dream in pixels and picas? Have nightmares about questionable kerning? Recite hex values on demand, and see creative opportunities at every corner? If you just yelled, “yes!” out loud to no one in particular, we want to talk to you. And hopefully hire you.
We’re searching for a Designer to help us craft great design and shape un-boring creative approaches, all while bringing joy to your daily work, and energizing people around you. No pressure.
Speaking of “people around you,” who are those people exactly? Good question. We’re a team of writers, designers, animators, project managers, dog parents, and cheese lovers who make up Yelp’s internal creative agency. Our mission is to enable fandom—both inside and outside of Yelp. We do this by living our values every day.
As a Designer at Yelp, working hand-in-hand with our partners across the marketing organization and beyond, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact on a brand that hundreds of millions of people trust to make the most out of every experience in the world around them.
This is a full time role located in the United States.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
What you’ll do:
- You will execute design across multiple channels, with an emphasis on digital marketing channels like email, web, organic and paid social, in-product touch points
- You will translate marketing objectives into clear creative ideas that can be executed and delivered on time, and drive measurable impact for our partners and customers
- You will present your ideas clearly and succinctly in a way that people will understand, and be excited about
- You will hone your skill of developing a deep understanding of channel-specific needs and best practices
- You will understand assignment needs, and if you don’t, ask good questions during project kick-offs and along the way
- You will set the right priorities for yourself within assigned projects and coordinate with project managers and other team members to make sure work is delivered on time
- You will understand how work influences project objectives
- You will be open and receptive to feedback and know how to effectively act on it
- You will be a good human, find opportunities to connect with your teammates and make people feel welcomed and included
- You will create animated prototypes of designs to help excite stakeholders and expedite approvals, which would be a huge plus!
What you’ll get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation range is $63,000- $105,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits.
What it takes to succeed:
- You have 3–5 years of experience designing for an agency or in-house team. In-house preferred but not required.
- A long history of playing well with others; people enjoy being stuck at the airport with you
- Strong design fundamentals; layout, color, composition, typography, and use of imagery
- Good working knowledge of Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Workplace: Docs and Slides
- Attention to detail. And this detail. This one too.
- You are passionate about your craft and look for inspiration from the world around you
- As a clear, timely, and effective communicator, you know how to share the right information with the right folks at the right time
- Still reading? Great. Send us your portfolio and tell us why we’d be crazy not to hire you
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual’s location and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).