Design Systems Product Designer
Title: Design Systems Product Designer
Location: U.S. Anywhere
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
As a part of the Design Systems team at Lyft, you will be involved in creating the design system that all Product Design teams, Engineers, and Product Managers use to design & develop at Lyft. Using your full range of interaction, visual, and prototyping skills, you will own creating a consistent and predictable look & feel for all of our mobile products. You will be part of a team that ensures design quality across all facets of UI, illustration, motion, etc.
As a qualified candidate, you have a record of leading projects to successful outcomes for users and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner having worked closely with engineers, a great communicator, and above all, you approach problems holistically as a unified system. You are able to precisely articulate design rationale and present to diverse stakeholders from all across the company. You have fostered partnerships and supported broader product teams in applying the system around individual product constraints.
- Create a unified, cohesive set of UX and visual guidelines for all of Lyft’s mobile & web products
- Plan strategically as a partner with engineering, product and brand to define the future of design systems at Lyft
- Think (really) big, and explore divergent concepts while understanding how to converge and build iteratively towards your vision
- Create high-quality mocks and interactive prototypes to communicate your work. Use user research and data to inform your reasonings
- Advocate for design by sharing your work and presenting cross-functionally. Be able to precisely articulate design rationale and goals
- Inspire the entire team and our internal partners by bringing new ideas to the table and defining next-generation interfaces
- 4+ years of experience working in UX field
- 1+ years of experience working on design systems
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (Web, iOS, Android, etc)
- Highly proficient with current design and prototyping tools (Figma, etc)
- Excellent presentation and documentation skills
- Excellence in visual design / Brand craft
- Ability to work with a low-ego, highly collaborative, cross-functional team
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated and up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; and 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.