Full-Time Design System Sr Software Engineer ($40k to $160k)
Title: Design System Sr Software Engineer
DJ JOB PROFILE : Design System Senior Software Engineer (2+ yrs exp) LOCATION: US Remote
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations globally. It is home to leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Barron’s, MarketWatch, Mansion Global, Financial News, Investor’s Business Daily, Factiva, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, OPIS and Chemical Market Analytics. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (Nasdaq: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
ABOUT THE TEAM
OPIS, a Dow Jones company, provides price transparency across the global fuel supply chain, including the Spot, Wholesale Rack and Retail markets. OPIS enables customers to buy and sell energy commodities with confidence with multi-platform access to accurate data, real-time news, powerful software and educational events. Our commitment to reliability is reinforced by personalized customer service and constant innovation. OPIS listens to what the energy community needs and responds with flexible and easy-to-use products. Navigating world fuel markets is complex – OPIS makes it simpler.
The OPIS User Experience Design group is a small hybrid team based in the US. We enjoy collaborating together, and also work independently on smaller projects. Our team is lucky to work with all OPIS Divisions to help create complex data-heavy, modern web applications.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to help implement continuous improvements, automations and optimizations for all touchpoints between UX and product/service engineering teams
- Implement an efficient versioning and documentation process to ensure design system components are easily accessible, up-to-date, and consistent across the entire organization
- Provide guidance, training, support and build relationships with front-end engineers as they develop product/service components by ensuring they’re built according to design and interaction specifications
- Write, review and maintain design system component code snippets used in applications built in React
- Provide code review on other front-end engineer contributions to the design system
- Promote healthy adoption of accessibility best practices for engineers helping make our digital products accessible to all users, regardless of their abilities
- Promote healthy adoption of our design system into OPIS SDLC and OPIS Product Development Pipeline best practices
- Proactively identify and resolve inconsistencies in our design system to maintain a unified experience
- Someone who is passionate to improve our processes and regularly works to identify areas to maximize team efficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field
- Minimum of 2+ years hands-on software development experience
- Familiar with frameworks (.NET, jQuery, Angular, React-native, Aurelia, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience working in a SaaS or technology-driven company
IT’S A BONUS IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience implementing a design system
- Know-how using/consuming design tokens in code
- Apply best practices for accessibility when developing web apps
- Skills such as Figma, Knapsack, Zeroheight, GitHub, AWS or Azure
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills, with a strong ability to think holistically
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Reasonable accommodation: Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy – We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line and provide a brief description of the type of assistance you need. This inbox will not be monitored for application status updates.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Software Product Engineering
Pay Range: $40,000 – $160,000
We recognize that attracting the best talent is key to our strategy and success as a company. As a result, we aim for flexibility in structuring competitive compensation offers to ensure we are able to attract the best candidates. The quoted salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what our ideal candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on the selected candidate’s experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the interview process.
Pay-for-performance is a key element in our strategy to attract, engage, and motivate talented people to do their best work. Similarly to salary, for bonus eligible roles, targets are set based on a variety of factors including competitive market practice.
For benefits eligible roles, in addition to cash compensation, the company provides a comprehensive and highly competitive benefits package, with a variety of physical health, retirement and savings, caregiving, emotional wellbeing, transportation, and other benefits, including “elective” benefits employees may select to best fit the needs and personal situations of our diverse workforce..
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view “Find Jobs – Dow Jones.” Thank you.
Req ID: 40011