Design Studio Manager
Design Studio Manager
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn – valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 90,000 businesses and 850,000+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Our platform is the easiest way to manage people, payroll and productivity – and we’re just getting started. With a refreshed brand in place and a recent $1 billion unicorn valuation, we’re looking for a Design Studio Manager to help run the day to day operations and project management of the internal brand design studio team.
Reporting to our Lead Designer, the right candidate will have diverse experience working as a designer or closely with design teams, and have excellent communication and project management skills. Your role will be to enable and empower our wonderful designers to change employment for good.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Collaborate with our Lead Designer and the wider design team to conceptualise and manage the delivery of a diverse range of branded creative assets, bringing our house of brands to life in compelling and exciting ways.
- Be the conduit between the design studio and internal stakeholders to deliver briefs effectively and on time.
- Collaborate with a team of writers, designers and external agencies to bring our brand assets to life.
- Work alongside and collaborate with junior creative team members, giving guidance and feedback where necessary.
- Work with our brand and content marketers to develop and maintain our visual identity across all digital touchpoints.
- Ensure our designs are distinctive, compelling and accessible for a diverse global audience and varied demographics.
- Manage budgets, licences and contracts with external third parties.
- 6+ years proven design experience in a fast-paced studio/agency environment.
- Demonstrable stakeholder management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe CC, Figma and Canva.
- Experience managing people, projects and expectations.
- Willingness to take ownership and learn.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A portfolio showcasing your experience.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!