Full-Time Demand Support Specialist
We are Meowtel.com, the #1 cat sitting app in the U.S., and we’re on a mission to help every cat and cat parent live their best life!
We are looking for self-motivated and pawsitive Support Specialists to join our Demand Team to deliver an exceptional experience to every active member of our community: sitters, customers, and our kitty clients too!
We are a small, dedicated team with a do-er mentality but most importantly…we love cats. We will give preference to candidates based in the Americas, but we’re open to applications from anywhere in the world.
About the Work:
We’re a marketplace platform powered by people, so ensuring that we provide excellent and prompt customer support is key to delivering on our purrfect hospitality promise to our entire community. This role is fast-paced, requires a significant amount of multi-tasking, a robust ability to adapt, a fervent willingness to continuously learn new things, and excellent communication skills are a must.
We’re a remote-first team, spanning coast to coast in the US and all the way down to Argentina. We collaborate and work together primarily through Slack, along with several weekly team calls over Zoom. We love emojis, cat GIFs, happy hours (“happy meowers”), and work-life balance. We have annual in-person retreats to international destinations, offer unlimited paid time off, and remind one another to take vacations. We treat our own kitties as if they’re an extension of the team, with lots of stories and photos being shared on a regular basis.
As a startup, we don’t have unlimited resources, but we’ll do our best to offer you a competitive compensation package with the opportunity for results-driven bonuses and advancement. As we grow, so can you.
What You’ll Do Here:
- Build relationships with our community members as you support them through our various contact channels: phone calls, emails, live chat, platform chat, SMS.
- Address the needs of our users using clear communication, especially during emergency situations, so that quality solutions can be quickly provided.
- Lead support tickets where you’ll be documenting the concern, investigating the issue, and providing expertly-written communications to all parties involved along the way.
- Carefully and swiftly handle sensitive situations, such as emergencies and unplanned reservation changes.
- Help customers make modifications to their reservations via phone or email requests.
- Build our brand reputation by reviewing and replying to 3rd party reviews.
- Complete any necessary insurance claim forms under Sr. Support Specialist guidance
- Collaborate cross-functionally to improve the Meowtel user experience and internal processes supporting them.
- Demonstrate calmness and professionalism during every interaction and in every communication channel we use.
- Support special projects related to the demand-side of the marketplace.
We’re looking for Support Specialists who have at least 1 year of experience under their belt and can speak fluent “Google,” meaning you quickly grasp how to navigate internal and external resources in order to provide accurate information to our entire community. We strongly value a do-er mentality, where all of our team members jump in to get the work done as needed. Our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication in English and a love for collaboration.
- Show 100% confidence when providing meowvelous phone support.
- Show proficiency using Google Suite, CRMs, databases, and virtual phone systems.
- Have at least 1 year of experience in customer-facing roles with the ability to listen carefully.
- Have very high attention to detail, with the ability to prioritize tasks and adhere to schedules.
- Be solution-oriented and ready to implement feedback right away to continue learning and growing.
- Take the initiative to get things done, and seek to find solutions with the tools and resources available to you.
- Exhibit a pawsitive attitude and a desire to be a contributing member of the team.
- Enjoy an environment where you constantly learn and will be challenged.
- Have a stable and reliable internet connection.
- Bonus points: You are a cat parent or have used Meowtel as a sitter or a customer!
You can expect a hands-on onboarding and training process during your first two weeks followed by on-going support, check-ins, and collaboration. We’re building Meowtel to be the leader in cat services, and we want you to grow with us.
This is a remote, full-time position but our preference is for you to be able to work a set schedule that falls between 3am-12am PST to support the US time zones we operate across. Exact schedules that we’re looking to fill will be shared during the interview process.
Pay & Benefits:
Our compensation package will be competitive for where you live, or where you spend most of your time. We offer unlimited paid time off to all employees and contractors, subject to your manager’s approval.
For our full-time employees in the US, salaries for this role range between $42,000-$76,000. You’ll be eligible to receive health/dental/vision insurance through United Healthcare after your first 60 days. After your first 6 months, you’ll be eligible to participate in our 401k match.
Applicants outside of the US will be offered a contractor role.
We determine starting salary for successful applications based on many factors including experience, location, market, and business needs.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application by Sunday, October 15. We’ll review all applications over the next week and extend interview offers by October 18. Interviews will take place starting October 19. The first-round interview is a conversation with your future colleagues and manager. Second-round interviews consist of a technical test using our systems and responding to real emails. Third-round interviews consist of a brief conversation with our CEO and Founder.
We’ll be in communication with you throughout the process so you know where you stand at all times.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and a woman-led company; we encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply.
We look forward to reviewing your application!