Deal Entry Specialist
Deal Entry Specialist – Temporary At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Group’s Global Data Operations (“GDO”) oversees the collection, processing, visualization and strategy for data throughout the company. GDO’s scope includes product metadata, digital and physical revenue recognition, consumer, legal and rights data, as well as other key information sources that are critical to the effective operation of the organization. Establishing proper governance, procedures, and systems to handle the exponentially increasing volumes and sources of this data are the most significant technical and operational challenges faced by the music industry in the coming decade. By bringing together a diverse team of individuals with decades of experience in various aspects of the technology and media industries, GDO is uniquely positioned to address these challenges and empower WMG with the business knowledge it needs to support a highly strategic enterprise model.
The Deal Entry Specialist will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy of our data for our labels’ recording, merchandise, distribution and licensing agreements upon which all of our departments rely. You’ll work directly with Business Affairs and the GDO to clarify key terms and help answer questions from all levels around the company.
Here you’ll get to:
- Key all pertinent the data in the new rights administration database which will flow into several downstream systems.
- Interface directly with the attorneys to obtain clarification of contract language and business practices.
- Submit deals to Business and Legal Affairs for review which includes making any necessary changes and resubmitting for approval.
- You will bring a sense of urgency and excitement to the role.
- 3-5 years’ experience in contract administration or rights management preferred.
- Firsthand experience interpreting and summarizing various types of entertainment contracts including recording, license agreements, fan club, merchandise and 360 deals.
- Demonstrate multitasking abilities without getting easily ruffled when priorities shift.
- Strong interpersonal skills and entertainment industry knowledge.
We’d love it if you also had:
- A passion for the intersection of music, business law, and technology.
- Familiar with the recorded music and music publishing industries as well as related legal issues.
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Job Posting Range
$25.00 to $35.00 Hourly
Job Posting Ranges are included for all New York and California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in NYC and CA. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.