Full-Time Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist
Location: NYC HQ, Remote
We are seeking a Customer Support Specialist for a remote, work from home position.The Smartling Customer Support team provides exceptional technical support to our customers and platform users. Customer Support is responsible for managing, resolving, and preventing problems by providing consistent, top-notch customer service and product expertise. You’re a great match if you are quick to learn a new product, analytical, and driven to help customers solve problems.
Smartling exists to translate the world’s digital content. Why is this important? Life is powered by words. They are used to engage consumers online, in products and throughout our lives in all corners of the globe. And since it takes 45 languages to reach 95% of the world’s online GDP, content translation is of increasing importance across the enterprise. Join Smartling (since 2009) to help grow and support our 1,000+ customers who move the world with words.
- Provide best-in-class customer support via channels such as email, phone, and chat
- Diagnose and solve customer problems, escalating when necessary
- Troubleshoot software and network issues using tools like Splunk, FullStory, Chrome Developer Tools, and cURL
- Direct users to relevant product documentation and resources as questions arise, empowering customers to be better Smartling users
- Identify gaps in resources and documentation to support future issue deflection
- Collaborate across teams, including Customer Success, Engineering and Product to solve problems and support our customers
- Plan, organize, and prioritize your work
- Advocate for product improvement and change
- Proactively contribute to process and service quality improvement
- Customer-centric mindset and an affinity to solve problems
- Capacity to empathize with users in a way that demonstrates you care about their issue and can be relied on to solve it
- Ability to make decisions to provide quick and accurate resolutions to users.
- Ability to explain complex problems in simple terms
- A desire to deliver a best-in-class customer support experience
- Some working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience with web development tools, such as Firebug and Chrome Developer Tools
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar customer support role
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and the ability to work effectively as a remote team member*
Preferred but not required
- Experience with customer service platforms, such as Zendesk
- Experience with translation, localization, and internationalization processes
- Results-focused. Center on professional and personal growth
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker
- An analytical thinker. If there is a problem I have a solution attitude
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail
- A Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally
You Will Enjoy
- Freedom – we are remote first
- Growth – an opportunity to learn and advance your career
- Wealth – we offer a competitive salary and 401(k) + company match
- Wellness – medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Balance – flexible PTO + 11 holidays; generous parental leave
- Culture – an energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit
- Bonus – employee referral program and apple equipment
We are considering candidates based in Eastern and Central time zones at this time.
Smartling is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, skills, and experiences.
We use E-verify platform for the work authorization verifications.
*To work from home, you must have a strong internet connection, quiet space, and a professional (distraction and clutter-free) background.