Customer Support Specialist
Customer Support Specialist
Hi! We’re hiring!
Our small, distributed team is growing and we’re looking to add a Customer Support Specialist to our Customer Support Team. As a Customer Support Specialist you will be managing our email queue during standard US business hours, helping customers with general inquiries, and triaging more technical support requests to the appropriate team members.
In addition to the queue, we will need your help organizing feedback from the DNSimple customers, to help us determine ways we can better support them, which could mean creating tools, or enhancing our documentation and keeping it up to date.
We are looking for someone that loves supporting people. This isn’t a springboard into another area at DNSimple. If you want to be part of our support team for a while, and you’re excited to contribute to making DNSimple the best product for our customers, this is the role for you!
- Improve overall customer support processes and document them effectively, allowing all team members to provide consistent support to all customers.
- Understand problems at a high level to triage accurately, more specifically:
- Prioritize identified systems problems based on the level of impact on customer happiness (how often they occur, how significant the impact is).
- Verify that support requests are distributed across all team members over time.
- Ensure that support issues don’t stay unanswered in our system
- Identify system problems that should be addressed through research & development based on incoming support requests and document those issues so that they can be assigned to team members for design and implementation.
- Gain an understanding of DNSimple’s systems to help provide high-quality support for requests that are assigned to you.
- Manage and maintain internal and public support documentation to be used when responding to support requests.
- Be an inspiring and supportive teammate by providing feedback, idea generation, teaching, and learning.
- You have experience working on a distributed team.
- You have 3+ years experience working in customer support.
- You have experience working with a technical product and have worked closely with developers.
- You have experience breaking down technical information and explaining it more simply to customers.
- You have excellent English writing and comprehension
- You are in, or can work in, the US time zones
- You have experience with DNS.
- You’ve worked for a SaaS company.
- You love to troubleshoot.
- You’re detail oriented and able to analyze what the customer is actually asking to ensure the best person answers the ticket.
- You are upbeat and will be empathetic to customers.
- You’re eager to brainstorm new ways to connect with customers
- You love to take on a challenge and learn new things. DNSimple is a complex product in an ever-evolving space and the work is challenging – but also deeply rewarding.
DNSimple was created to be a 100% remote company. We offer flexible schedules, and you can work from anywhere.
We speak different languages, and we program in different languages. We care for our employees, and we are open and welcoming to everyone regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
As part of the team your input and feedback is not only welcome, they’re anticipated. We’re a small team, and everyone’s opinions matters.
Compensation between $60,000 – $80,000 USD annually, depending on experience.