Customer Support Manager
Customer Support Manager
REMOTE (UNITED STATES)
SALES & OPERATIONS – CUSTOMER OPERATIONS
At Teachable we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish this, our products enable individuals and small businesses to create, host and sell online courses and coaching. Teachable Creators have tens of thousands of active creators who’ve reached more than 45 million students around the world, teaching a diverse array of topics, ranging from crafting to card tricks to coding. Fifty million people worldwide consider themselves to be creators. More than two million people earn enough from their passion projects to consider it their full-time income. The rise of the creator economy means more people than ever want to share what they know and monetize it. Teachable is poised to offer best-in-class solutions to this ever-growing market.
In 2020, Teachable was acquired by Hotmart Company, a global leader in the Creator Economy with a shared mission of empowering creators to live out their passions. With offices in eight countries and more than 35 million users worldwide, Hotmart’s partnership ensures our creators—current and future—have access to best-in-class technology tools, so they can scale their online businesses with ease and truly make an impact on their students’ lives.
As a Customer Support Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of up to 15 nationally distributed Customer Support Specialists. You’ll be part of a best-in-class customer support organization that has a unique position in being able to work directly with our Creators and help scaffold their online businesses to new heights.
This is a full-time, salaried position that will be PM shift (we operate on an EST schedule). Required to be on-call one weekend day, evenings and holidays (as needed).
Our customer support team operates seven days a week, 365 days a year, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST.
What You’ll Do
- Manage – Maintain a high performing, engaged, customer-first culture within the team by hiring and developing talent that aligns with our company values and goals.
- Coach – Set expectations for Customer Support Specialists to meet/exceed ambitious KPIs, as well as individual and team goals
- Empower – Provide a world-class customer support experience by efficiently and enthusiastically delivering solutions to creators
- Analyze – Interpret, and act upon customer support metrics by sharing actionable insights including customer feedback and support trends from quantitative and qualitative data to the broader organization.
- Collaborate – Lead cross-departmental strategic initiatives that contribute to the success and growth of our department.
What We’re Looking For
- 2-3+ years of management experience, leading distributed teams of 10+
- Working knowledge and experience using help desk tools such as Zendesk, Salesforce, Intercom or similar
- Effective written and verbal communication skills: you are comfortable coaching on complex/technical topics
- Emotional intelligence and an empathetic inclination to interpret and solve challenges faced by our team and our customers
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading cross-functional projects from ideation to execution
- Results driven: If you see something that can be done differently, you take action, and advocate on behalf of our creators.
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge around expanding operations such as service hours, support channels, self-service or offshore teams
- Experience building and facilitating continued training initiatives to ensure teammates are well equipped with knowledge and resources to provide product solutions
- Passionate about both teaching and learning
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we’ve raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,800 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won’t hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you’ll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure (unless otherwise mentioned in a job description).
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.