Customer Support Associate
Customer Support Associate job with Swing Education.
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We’re suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. Our online platform makes it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work associated with managing a pool of substitute teachers (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.). Our network provides subs with a wider range of work opportunities to gain experience and build their professional network.
After more than 6 years in operation we are working with over 4000 schools in 7 states and have filled over 300k teacher absence days. We’re a post-series B company with about 50 employees currently and our lead investors include GV (aka Google Ventures), Owl Ventures, and Social Capital. We also have a strong commitment to diversity and our employees are 60% people of color (30% underrepresented minorities) and over 50% female. Our board of directors is also 75% female and 75% people of color.
We’re a diverse and inclusive team. We find it easy to get up in the morning and work for teachers, schools, and students.
POSITION SUMMARY: Customer Support Associate
The Customer Experience (CX) team at Swing seeks to empower our users through easy self-service and provide guidance and expertise when our schools and subs need us. As a Customer Support Associate, you’ll be responsible for providing world-class customer support, identifying customer pain points, and escalating inefficiencies you identify in our support processes. You are highly organized, empathetic, a thoughtful communicator, and energized by helping our school partners and substitute teachers get the most they can out of their Swing experience.
This is a full-time remote position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide high quality, efficient and helpful responses to customer requests through channels like Zendesk emails/tickets, livechat and phone
- Suggest, update, and create content for our external Help Center and internal knowledge base to provide an easy, self-service customer experience (macros, help articles, etc.)
- Flag user pain points and suggest solutions to our product team
- Identify areas of improvement in support processes (i.e customer self-service opportunities)
- Use tools and knowledge base efficiently to maintain low ticket processing time
- Triage and escalate tickets as necessary to CX team leadership
- Provide support to other teams, including but not limited to Sub Operations
- Achieve set team goals in tickets per hour, quality, and CSAT
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required
- Ticket-based customer support experience a plus
- Highly empathetic, takes time to understand customer pains, needs, and wants and goes the extra mile to make sure customer issues are resolved as quickly as possible
- Must be able to work independently
- Hyper-organized and detail-oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with diverse teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- You consider yourself a technology enthusiast and enjoy learning how to use new technology tools
- High level written and verbal skills required
- High degree of critical thinking, reading comprehension, and solution oriented skills required
- Work schedule: 5AM to 130PM PST (flexible)
Salary is commensurate on experience and is adjusted for cost of living standards dependent on position location. Swing Education offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following perks:
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Stock options
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, detect, converse with, express oneself to others
- Must be able to talk and hear 70% of the time during online meetings and calls
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
All staff are working fully remotely.
- Employees are to be online and accessible for 8 hours, Monday to Friday. The company’s core business hours are from 9:00am – 5:00pm PT
- Tools will be provided for communicating with team members and collaborating on projects.
- Meetings will be scheduled over video conferencing. Times are to be discussed and agreed upon between the employee and manager.
- Employees are advised to choose a safe and secure location to work from, and to maintain high levels of safety.