Customer Service Team Lead
Customer Service Lead
As a Customer Service Lead, you will be an instrumental part of ensuring the most exceptional contact quality and service possible for Minted’s customers. CS Leads are responsible for working closely with and providing daily support to a team of Customer Service Representatives (CSRs). Reporting to a Team Supervisor, you will serve as a Minted subject matter expert, providing in-the-moment coaching and support to allow the team to deliver excellent service. Team Leads will use problem-solving and people skills to support the team through multiple channels, driving productivity while monitoring incoming contact volumes, SLAs, and associated prioritization to tackle the highest priority cases first. Team Leads have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are savvy in working with a variety of systems and technology. Your #1 objective is to offer the best experience possible for any customer interacting with Minted, and you support CSRs to do this by offering hands-on team support.
- Provide day-to-day support, subject matter expertise, and real-time coaching for Customer Service Representatives, motivating and supporting the team to resolve customer concerns
- Stay present and available for the broader Customer Service team, including monitoring communications, answering questions, and providing real-time feedback via Slack and Google Hangouts
- Oversee the team to drive productivity through contact prioritization via queue management and adherence monitoring
- Provide interval updates to the team, sharing hourly progress versus SLA targets
- Navigate and resolve financial transactions and support vendor communications required to resolve customer concerns
- Serve as the first line of defense for escalations for the broader Customer Service team
- Approve service recovery requests and produce promo codes
- Stay up-to-date about the knowledge base for Minted products, services, and policy details and updates by reviewing the Customer Service knowledge base, as well as training updates, and daily huddle announcements
- Work closely with the Team Supervisor to support the CSR coaching process
- As time permits, support answering email and other contacts; support ad hoc projects, such as Training and Quality Assurance support
- In partnership with your Customer Service Team Supervisor, responsible for Quality Assurance, CSAT, and Productivity for your team
- Promote a positive and friendly environment supporting good morale and cooperation
- Professional, with leadership skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Someone who leads by example, enthusiastically encouraging team members to follow Minted best practices and departmental policies
- Able to take direction and quickly learn new procedures, processes, and products
- Open to feedback, believing in a culture of continuous improvement as you work toward individual and departmental goals
- Comfortable using technology; ideally familiar and experienced with eCommerce
- Able to reliably meet a required flexible/variable hour work schedule including weekends based on business needs and adhere to company attendance policy
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience in a Customer Service role required, with proven excellence and an overall understanding of customer satisfaction
- A proven track record of supporting Minted customers with exceptional service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, problem solver, promotes a positive team environment
- Excellent computer/software skills. (Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides)
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM software a plus
Artists shape culture. They spark conversation, create connection, and bring beauty into the world. Minted is where they come together to reach further. Our marketplace empowers a thriving community of independent artists to sell and scale their work. We nurture self-expression, cultivate community, and bring the best in visual art to a global audience.
We’re building a new way to discover the world’s best creative talent. We’re here for the emerging talent ready to take off, the local favorites ready to grow, and the established artists ready to dream bigger.
At Minted, our people don’t just believe in the power of art–we live it. We have our finger on the pulse of what’s new and now. We’re obsessed with great design, art, and interiors. We’re in galleries, at fairs, and constantly finding inspiration online. We seek undiscovered talent that deserves to stand up and stand out. We connect with artists that have something to say, and we collaborate to amplify their work. The Minted community’s art, stationery, and textiles products have reached over 75 million homes worldwide.
Our marketplace brings the best in independent design to consumers everywhere. We recognize the challenges independent artists face, and we leverage our resources to level the playing field and create a platform that gives artists the freedom to develop their craft and grow their business.
We are headquartered in San Francisco, CA and currently employ 350+ full-time employees, plus additional temporary workers during the holiday season. We have raised over $300M from top-tier investors including Benchmark Capital, T. Rowe Price, Permira, Ridge Ventures, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Norwest Venture Partners. Angel investors include Marissa Mayer, Jeremy Stoppelman, Julia & Kevin Hartz, Yishan Wong, and more.
Minted is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and will consider all qualified applicants for employment in accordance with all state, local, and federal laws. Minted participates in the E-verify program.
How Our Process Works:
Minted uses technology and innovative practices to bring unique, best-selling design to market at scale. Using its crowdsourcing technology, consumers are empowered to vote for the designs they love and want to see sold, ensuring that Minted always sells continuously fresh and trend-forward product. The winning designs are manufactured by Minted, enabling artists from around the world to share and sell their work while letting Minted do the rest. Since launch in 2007, the company has expanded to serve consumers in new categories including wall art, textiles, digital content and home decor, as well as serve major retailers and consumer products brands with data-backed design through licensing and wholesale partnerships.