Full-Time Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist
Locations: United States Virtual
Time Type: Full time
Job Requisition ID: R-102385
Customer Service Specialist (VPS)
This role is responsible for handling inbound calls and off-phone work items related to Vehicle Protection Products such as, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical breakdown repair contracts (commonly referred to by dealerships as “extended warranties”), vehicle maintenance contracts, RV part extended service contracts.
- Starting pay: $17.00/hr
- Candidates must be able to work any shift between the hours of Monday-Friday 6am-9pm Central Time and Saturday 7am-7pm Central Time – Saturdays are required
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on their feet and enjoy challenges
- You thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- You enjoy being on the phone and are passionate about customer service
What You Will Like
- The variety of work – every day and every customer’s situation is unique
- Being a part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- The opportunity to demonstrate your exceptional problem-solving abilities
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- Career advancement opportunities
- The agent is responsible for addressing questions from customers on how the agreement works including explaining claim procedures, coverage details, claim details, relaying denied claim determinations, etc.
- The agent must learn to navigate multiple systems, learn and adhere to departmental scripts and processes, adhere to quality assurance metrics, average handle time (AHT) and call volume metrics, properly convey the contract details/language to the customer and relay claim details and determinations to customers.
- The agent must also address inbound and outbound calls with repair facilities/service providers related to claim payment delays and processing.
- The agent is also responsible for several off-phone items including, but not limited to, claim audits and processing claim payments, working inbound and outbound emails and faxes, working payment requests coming into queues. The agent may be responsible for handling payment plan updates and manual payment requests.
- If bilingual, the ability to speak, read and write the Spanish language fluently.
Note: This position does not involve cold calling/outbound calls related to solicitations, contract upgrades or sales of any kind
The Ideal Candidate
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in an office, call center, or customer contact environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with team members, management, customers, counselors and other employees of the organization
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to generate ideas or resolve problems
- Ability to present a professional image
- Ability to establish courses of action to ensure efficient completion of work
- Ability to think creatively and make decisions based on incomplete information
- Ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, including data from mainframe systems, makes decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, proactively recognize process improvement opportunities and be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- 2+ years of experience in an office, call center, or customer contact environment
- Previous experience as a team leader or trainer in an office, call center, or customer contact environment
- 620, 440, or other applicable and relevant licenses or certifications
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
This is a Full-time job. Assurant’s hours of operation are Monday – Friday 6 am – 9 pm CST and Saturday 7 am – 7 pm CST. Work schedules are generally set for several months at a time but are subject to change based on business needs and we have periodic shift bids that help determine your work schedule. Interested candidates must have a reasonable degree of schedule availability and flexibility to work varying schedules throughout the year. Shifts for this job are typically 8 hours per day and can range anywhere between 6am to 9pm CST.
While working remotely, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 25 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 15 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
Pay Range: $15.50 – $24.03
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.