Full-Time Customer Service Specialist
Customer Service Specialist
CafeMedia is looking for a Customer Service Specialist to join the AdThrive team. You’ll work collaboratively as a Customer Service team member helping to drive customer loyalty by ensuring we’re delivering an amazing experience in every interaction we make.
Your work will help us build crucial new capabilities to continually make things better and allow us to advocate for our customers. We’re looking for exceptional communicators who want to help build a world-class team to further our mission to create a creator-first future.
From overseeing payment-related and general support inquiries to helping support our growing business, you’ll take our award-winning customer service team to new levels.
You’ll also be dealing with various support cases and customer interactions in this role. You’ll bring data and technical information to life with deep empathy for our customers and a knack for distilling complex communications into clear, compelling messages.
What you’ll be doing
- Craft thoughtful and knowledgeable answers to questions received via our email ticketing system (Zendesk) using effective, on-brand messaging.
- Support customers on various topics, including payment issues, customer dashboard questions, internal account transfers, and other product support needs, ensuring happiness and satisfaction in every interaction.
- Use research skills and collaborate with internal teams to solve customer issues.
- Collect customer feedback for Customer Service, Product, and Leadership teams.
- Escalate technical issues and product bugs to the appropriate Engineering teams.
- Help improve our customer and internal support team resources, including writing and editing canned responses, adding to our knowledge base, and making suggestions for improving processes.
- Cross-training on other Customer Service responsibilities, and helping with various tasks, projects, and process documentation to help support our growing team.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job
- 2+ years in a remote customer-facing role using Zendesk or similar ticketing software, with a genuine desire to help others solve problems and succeed.
- A strong communicator with excellent writing and editing skills and a passion for crafting clear and concise explanations.
- Experience writing and/or collaborating on customer-facing knowledge-base articles and internal training articles.
- An organized, creative problem solver able to prioritize an ever-changing queue of customer issues.
- Analytical thinker with strong interpersonal skills, collaborative mindset, and willingness to learn new things.
- Experience implementing new support workflows and processing
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced, evolving industry
- Patience, grace, a sense of humor, and some moderate GIF-sharing abilities
- Experience supporting customers with international payment-based needs
- Previous experience supporting online creators
- Experience using Salesforce CRM, Confluence, or Monday a plus!
CafeMedia’s mission is to build a creator-first future. We empower the world’s best creators and independent publishers to grow thriving businesses for the long term. Under our CafeMedia and AdThrive brands, we manage digital advertising sales and technology and a growing number of services for more than 4,000 creators and independent publishers. We make it easy for them to focus on what they do best produce great content.
Our passion and expertise have made us a leader in advertising and creator services. Today we rank as the 9th largest digital property in the U.S. and #1 in Food, Home, and Lifestyle–with a reach of nearly 188M monthly unique visitors in the U.S. alone.
The base salary range for this position is $40,000-$60,000. The range provided is CafeMedia’s reasonable estimate of the annualized base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, geographic location, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To learn more about working at CafeMedia, visit: https://cafemedia.com/careers/
CafeMedia is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with a common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. CafeMedia is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please reach out to a member of our recruiting team.