Full-Time Customer Experience Senior Manager
Customer Experience Sr. Manager
Remote | Customer Experience | Full-time
Not your everyday company
Lemonade completely reinvented how insurance works. As a customer-centric tech company, we created an insurance experience that is smart, instant, and delightful.
At Lemonade, you’ll be working with a group of like-minded makers, who get a kick out of moving fast and delivering great products. We surround ourselves with some of the smartest, most motivated, creative people who are filled with positive energy and good karma.
Unlike most publicly traded companies, we’re nimble and efficient. We take pride in the fact that we still think and operate like a startup. We don’t care much about titles and hierarchy and instead focus on innovation, bold moves, and challenging the status quo.
We’re built as a lean, data-driven organization that relies on a common understating of objectives and goals to provide teams with autonomy and ownership. We don’t like spending our days in meetings and we skip committees altogether. At Lemonade, there’s no such thing as going over someone’s head. We have zero tolerance for bureaucracy, office politics, and lean-back personalities.
As a Public Benefit Corporation and a certified B-Corp, we deliver environmental and social impact using our products and tech. Through our Giveback program, we partner with organizations such as the ACLU, New Story, The Humane Society, Malala Fund, American Red Cross, 360.org, charity: water, and dozens of others, and have donated millions towards reforestation, education, animal rights, LGBTQ+ causes, access to water, and more.
Awarded best workplace’
Best Workplace and Best-Led Company by Inc. Magazine
High 4.4 rating on Glassdoor
Our Founders listed among Glassdoor’s Top CEOs
World Changing by Fast Company
Recognized as a World Changing Idea by Fast Company Magazine
Ranked #1 Home insurance in America
Won best renters and homeowners insurance in America by US News, and others
Best Pet Insurance in America
Rated Best Overall Pet Insurance by Better Homes & Gardens
Rated 4.9 on the Apple App Store
Among the highest rated apps of all time
What you’re applying for
We’re looking for a senior-level people leader who can help us lead a group of Customer Experience Managers as they maintain an impressively high level of customer and employee satisfaction.
As part of CX leadership, you’ll focus on helping your remote team provide surprisingly delightful interactions that make people happy. This role is very hands-on, cheering and coaching your leads and specialists from the sidelines, and jumping in to help our customers when needed.
In this role you’ll
- Lead and scale a high-performing customer experience organization
- Manage, develop, and inspire a group of passionate CX Leads who oversee Lemonade’s front-line customer teams
- Leverage data to identify the biggest areas of opportunity on the CX team
- Confidently collaborate with supporting teams (Product, Underwriting, Claims, Workforce Management, and People) to deliver impactful improvements
- Take ownership of CX KPIs, including setting goals and initiatives, reporting regularly to stakeholders, and driving process improvements to continually deliver on an outstanding customer experience
- Use your leadership and operational knowledge to explore innovative concepts, promote new ideas, and scale the team to meet business needs
- Assist with interviewing, hiring, onboarding, and training all customer experience leadership hires
What you’ll need
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Impressive leadership skills, with experience coaching a team of 5 or more managers
- A passion for using data to elevate your team’s performance
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with various teams
- High EQ, and a willingness to provide direct and honest feedback
- The ability to motivate a team with positivity, kindness, and accountability
- Strong knowledge of customer service principles and practices, and a passion for creating the best customer experiences on the planet
- Ability to manage a team remotely
Things to know
Lemonade is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity. We never discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you require reasonable accommodations due to religious beliefs, pregnancy, or disabilities, let us know at any time.