At NationBuilder we create software for leaders. We work with political candidates and parties, nonprofit organizations, community organizers, and anyone else trying to make change in the world. Our customers come in all shapes and sizes, from small-town organizers trying to win their school board elections to the largest political parties, candidates, and NGOs in the world. To learn more about NationBuilder, read about our mission and beliefs.
NationBuilder is seeking a Customer Success Writer to join our team. While the team serves a global customer base, this role is based within the United States, and candidates should be able to work during continental US business hours.
Customer Success Writers are responsible for written communication at scale with NationBuilder’s standard (non-enterprise) customers, ensuring they receive both critical updates and the information they need to adopt new features and workflows successfully.
This role includes a significant writing component, most frequently in the form of targeted email outreach or in-app messages to customers and users. The ideal candidate will excel at writing solo or collaboratively, and will be comfortable both receiving feedback on their own work and providing feedback to teammates and colleagues on theirs.
Additionally, Customer Success Writers serve an important operational role within the Customer Engagement team, collecting customer feedback and ensuring that it’s aggregated clearly and actionably to inform product development and business decisions. Some of that feedback comes from their own interactions with key customers and users (such as NPS responders), but they also ensure that feedback coming from customers to other members of the Customer Engagement and Customer Support teams is being collected consistently and accurately.
If you’re passionate about equipping leaders to build something meaningful in the world, we’d love to have you join your team.
What You’ll Do
- Create written communications to inform customers about product updates, important milestones, “action needed” requests, and changes that will impact their operations or their use of NationBuilder’s software.
- Ahead of new initiatives (like feature launches and seasonal campaigns), work with cross-functional stakeholders to develop customer communications plans and execute on them.
- Field and respond to inbound questions and responses to mass communications.
- Reach out and gather feedback from key NPS responder groups, intervening to help struggling customers get back on track, or identifying potential customer referral sources.
- Develop and execute a consistent approach for aggregating product feedback data from NationBuilder’s non-Enterprise customers, in close coordination with the Customer Engagement and Customer Support teams.
- In collaboration with the Customer Engagement team, create and iterate on content to provide targeted education and strategic guidance to our customers, including but not limited to courses, blog posts, and documentation.
- Be a key editorial resource within the Customer Engagement team, ensuring that written content from all team members (including in-app guides and email series) is consistent, professional, and meets a high standard of quality.
What We’re Looking For
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English; you should be comfortable communicating frequently in written form, on the phone, and over video call. Proficiency in additional languages is a plus.
- Highly motivated; can work in a rapidly growing company and industry.
- Adaptability; comfortable with both planning ahead for proactive work and embracing business needs that arise suddenly.
- Aptitude for working with and drawing conclusions from data.
- Excellent project management skills; you’ll work cross-functionally on a number of different projects across various departments.
- Strong technical competency and experience using NationBuilder’s software is a big plus.
- Proficiency with Intercom or other targeted email communication tools is a plus.
- Passion for serving leaders as they build the technical infrastructure to support their work.
- Deep commitment to serving all communities; NationBuilder is fiercely nonpartisan and you must be open to working with political parties, campaigns, and organizations from all backgrounds and with diverse missions.
To apply, submit your resume and tell us why you’re a good fit for the job in 280 characters or less (like a tweet, but you don’t have to actually tweet it)!
NationBuilder is an equal opportunity employer and we value inclusion. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.