EDMO is a national education nonprofit that provides equitable access to out-of-school learning opportunities designed to help every person cultivate a sense of self, own their impact, and show up in the world with curiosity, courage, and kindness. Since 2004, our award winning camps, classes, tutoring programs (and more!) have engaged kids’ minds and bodies.
Whether in person or online, all EDMO programs are hands-on, interactive, and fun – built to unlock the inner scientist, artist, or coder in every kid. At EDMO, we celebrate getting messy and making mistakes while encouraging creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.
Team members enhance social-emotional skills such as collaboration and empathy alongside our campers, making EDMO an environment where all people grow. Visit edmo.org to learn more.
The Curriculum Developer will develop curriculum and lesson plans to support all EDMO Comprehensive After School Programs. These Comprehensive After School programs run for 3+ hours every day of the school year offering a variety of activities including snack, outdoor play, homework/academic time, and STEAM & SEL enrichment activities.
The Curriculum Developer will work closely with the Curriculum Director and the Curriculum team in course development, implementation, evaluation, research, and continuous improvement of the curricula models.
Main Responsibilities Include
- Developing and designing detailed curriculum plans focused on STEAM & SEL across all types of themes and learners
- Creating lessons and themes to support all EDMO Comprehensive After School programs
- Reviewing past curriculum and coming up with ways to repurpose it for the After School environment
- Ensuring that curriculum tools meet program goals and student learning objectives
- Working collaboratively with the Curriculum team to develop curriculum that meets organizational objectives and that will scale across all of our programs and age groups
- Participating in all curriculum and programming brainstorms when appropriate
- Meeting specified deadlines for new ideas, outlines, drafts, and supply lists
- Helping to manage supply lists and ordering for Comprehensive After School programs
Reports to Curriculum Director
- Experience developing and writing curriculum, technical documentation, online tutorials, or some similar instructional content
- Clear understanding of a variety of STEAM & SEL concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear and thoughtful writing style
- Able and willing to problem-solve efficiently and thoroughly
- Thrives while working with a team and independently
- Familiar with Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Willing to work in line with PST scheduling regardless of location
Bonus: Familiarity With Any Of The Following
- Roblox / Roblox Studio
- Experience with some kind of electronics or robotics.
Full time position with full benefits package
Start Date: July 15th
Salary: 58 – 62,400K DOE and location
Must be fully up to date with COVID19 vaccine to work with EDMO