Full-Time Curriculum Writer ($59k to $68k)
Title: Curriculum Writer
Location: United States
Employment Status: Full-Time
Reports to: Curriculum Manager
Start date: Flexible
Anticipated compensation: Starting at $59,200 – $68,200, commensurate with experience
Who We Are
Saga Education is a national leader in high-impact, in-school tutoring. We leverage the power of human capital and technology to accelerate student outcomes and create more equitable learning for students.
Since our founding in 2014, we have reached more than 30,000 students and counting. With our proven-to-work tutoring model and focus on relationship building, we have been able to reach students who need it most and support families, educators, and districts through our services. Whether that be through our work in providing direct solutions, building cutting edge products, or advocating for impact, our vision to make education equitable for all students is realized daily.
What We Do
Inside each student lives a story waiting to unfold. We know every student is capable of shaping a story of successin school, and in life. But not every student has had a fair chance to see it. Saga Education envisions a world where studentsespecially Black and Latinx studentshave equitable access to economic and social mobility. To achieve this, Saga seeks to establish high-impact, in-school-day math tutoring as an integrated part of a student’s education, as a proven response to accelerating educational equity.
Our research shows our program worksnot only to raise math scores but to foster the confidence and sense of belonging that underpin all academic success. As a trusted leader in building powerful tutoring programs, Saga provides the resources and tools to enable all districts to take advantage of our expertise. Saga has the evidence and experience to know what works.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Curriculum Manager, the Curriculum Writer is responsible for writing curriculum for the Saga tutoring program, as well as refining and updating existing materials. This includes brainstorming, writing, and editing lessons, activities, assessments, test-prep banks, and creating content for our online learning platform. Currently, the team is working on writing 4th and 5th grade math lessons, as well as updating and maintaining 6th through 11th grade math curriculum. Responsibilities include:
- Improve existing Saga curriculum to better align with academic scopes and sequences at all school sites by creating new lessons and math tasks, while focusing specifically on improving conceptual understanding in students
- Develop new activities, through the lens of understanding materials will be used by Saga Fellows, who are generally not trained math teachers
- Take on independently directed tasks to improve our overall impact
- Seek out resources and best practice research to guide the development of quality and cutting-edge materials, including researching various scopes & sequences to assure alignment across all potential districts
- Format all Saga materials in a professional and clean manner, adhering to Saga branding
- Organize the Saga curriculum for online distribution
What We’ll Use To Measure Success
- Mission Alignment – You have a deep understanding of social injustice in education
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness – You use feedback and reflection to gain productive insight
- Values Differences – You recognize the value of different perspectives and cultures
- Customer Focus – You respond to customer needs and customize materials given the audience
- Action Oriented – You take on new opportunities and have a solutions-oriented approach
- Instills Trust – You gain confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in K-12 math
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines while working remotely
- Math pedagogical content knowledge and the ability to identify and explain key points of K-12 math topics
- Experience teaching math, preferably multiple in grade levels
What We’ll Provide
Saga Education offers competitive compensation and benefits, which includes IVF coverage, paid parental leave, opt-in FSA, and telehealth benefits. Saga provides a generous PTO package including a paid Winter Wellness Break, an opt-in 401k with discretionary match and company provided technology. All employees have access to our comprehensive Employee Assistance Program, Saga 360 Wellness Program and DEIB events and initiatives.