This is a 6 month contract with a possibility for renewal, starting in June 2022.
Boclips has big ambitions. We are a well-funded growth-stage education technology company on a mission to organise the world’s multimedia for education. Digital media such as videos and podcasts are critical in the online delivery of learning experiences to engage students and improve outcomes — but in order for those assets to provide value, they need to find their right place within the different learning curricula. We have partnered with content creators such as TED Talks, Crash Course, The Economist, NPR and others to swiftly match top quality rich media against learning objectives and bring education to life.
What You’ll Do
Working with our content team, you will be key to adding an educational context to our News media catalogue. You will edit titles and pedagogical tags for various news clips spanning topics in business, finance, economics, social studies, and technology news. These videos will include digital-first mini-documentaries, broadcast news, and even panel discussions or shorts. As part of this process, you will suggest a higher education course that a video may be relevant for from a predefined list.
Your Workflow Will Look Something Like This
- Screen pre-selected videos and determine their pedagogical use
- Write a new title for the video as necessary, communicating its educational use case to our users
- Finally, assign the video to a standard higher education course, retrieved from our database
- You’re available for a minimum of 20 hours every week, with 40 hours strongly preferred
- You have a love for writing! You have a strong background in creative writing, content writing, content strategy, metadata, technical writing, news writing, or UX writing
- You have a background in teaching, tutoring, curriculum writing, or communications
- You know how to create a learning experience that supports and extends a studentʼs learning
- You want to contribute to the expansion of multimedia in education
Nice To Have
- You are a subject matter expert in social sciences, economics, business, English literature, or finance
- You’re familiar with higher education courses and learning objectives
- You are skilled at utilizing multimedia to enhance a learning experience, especially videos
- You can adapt to different pedagogical styles and have a thorough understanding of Bloomʼs taxonomy, holistic approaches, and/or project-based learning
- Freelance project – Compensation $25-35/ hour depending on experience
- Opportunity for ongoing projects.