Creative Director, WhatsApp
Menlo Park, CA | Seattle, WA | New York, NY | San Francisco, CA | Fremont, CA | Remote, US
WhatsApp is looking for a Creative Director to help define the future of the WhatsApp brand. From concept to execution, you’ll be responsible for creating products that are human-centered, simple, and highly crafted. You’ll be an integral part of the Brand Design Team working on brand in product, brand experiences, illustrations, artifacts, website design, and more. In this role, you’ll work with folks from across disciplines — marketing, creative, product design, etc. Experience in working with product teams is important, as is your commitment to collaboration. You’ll also be responsible for guiding individuals — helping them build their skills and grow in their careers.
Creative Director, WhatsApp Responsibilities
- Lead a creative team focused on building a system for how WhatsApp as a brand shows up and translates in the app. Understand and translate brand goals into the product experiences in WhatsApp.
- Work horizontally across marketing, product design, and brand to create holistic user experiences and a strong brand expression.
- Be a player and a coach – roll up your sleeves and work on brand identity and also help designers on the team grow.
- Deliver content that’s delightful, beautiful, and clear and with a high-level of finish and polish.
- Work closely with folks from across teams to create concepts and plan product roadmaps.
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of beautiful, useful, and consistent experiences.
- Experience coaching and growing individuals.
- Experience as a design executor who pushes for design excellence and a high quality bar for craft.
- Experience coordinating, directing and guiding the work of designers on your team and within an organization.
- Experience presenting and socializing work to groups of cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience building consensus around, and incorporating feedback into design work and concepts.
- 4+ years experience as a Creative Director at an agency or an in-house team.
- Experience working on large scale, complex, ambiguous projects across multiple teams
- Experience with delivering 0-1 products from concept stages to launch
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $221,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)