Full-Time Copywriter in Marketing
Dave (Nasdaq: DAVE) requires a Copywriter in Marketing and they are on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. Our banking app helps millions of members bank, budget, find work, build credit, and access up to $500 advances without paying a fee. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck. We’re looking for high performers to be part of our journey to bring access to financial opportunity for everyone.
We’re on the lookout for a creative, engaging Copywriter to communicate the value of Dave’s products to prospective and current members alike. As part of our Brand Creative team, you’ll use your storytelling prowess to craft clear, compelling copy for our customers—and understand the business objectives behind the work.
The ideal candidate is able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. We’ll count on you to develop original copy and collaborate with a driven, dedicated team of creatives and marketers. You’ll play an important role in storytelling, developing concepts, and executing ideas for product launches, marketing touch points, and customer communication channels—especially as it pertains to direct response ads.
In collaboration with Dave’s marketers and product marketers, you’ll maintain the Dave brand and voice by creating consumer-facing campaigns about our product portfolio, internal strategic copy, value propositions, and messaging frameworks for our products.
As Copywriter in Marketing this is What You’ll Do
- Help develop world-class advertising copy and campaigns
- Implement, and champion the Dave’s brand and voice and tone together with other copywriters
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and legal to assess copy/creative needs and messaging priorities
- Write copy along the creative spectrum—from compelling campaign headlines and emails to radio ads and instructional messages across a range of channels
- Test and improve marketing copy using A/B testing
- Translate user research findings into polished, engaging copy for specific audiences
- Own the audit and feedback loops with teams and partners to uphold our voice and brand standards
- Help maintain and document evolving tone of voice guidelines and content standards
- Partner with designers to consistently raise the bar for creative development and execution
What You’ll Need
- 4+ years copywriting experience ideally for an eCommerce company and/or a leading B2C brand
- A portfolio of work that showcases your ability to craft top-notch copy that brings products and campaigns to life
- A sense of empathy with the consumer coupled with an ability to bring a brand to life through written words
- The ability to partner across multi-disciplinary teams and build approval processes that engage multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in creative writing, creative ideation, and campaign execution
- Strong ability to simplify, simplify, simplify
- Experience in A/B testing
- Experience in writing for many different channels/formats
- Good listener and understanding for cross-functional stakeholder management
- The ability to proactively prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects within time constraints and with strong attention to detail
- Equipped with a positive, go-getter attitude, as well as a passion for storytelling and building a growing brand
- Excellent command of English and the written word. (Grammar’s your thing.)
Why You’ll Love Working Here
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A Few Of Our Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
- Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
- Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
- Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Financial advisor and financial wellness support
- Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
- All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history.