Copywriter at Lands’ End
Job Category: Creative
Requisition Number: COPYW003725
- Virtual – Work Remote Opportunity
- Collaborate with Copywriters and Art Directors on concepting and building effective copy across all marketing channels.
- Work with product development team to create effect edges, product positioning and understanding of competitive landscape.
- Write headlines and body copy for catalog and internet that generates customer response and sales.
- Represent Lands’ End products with accuracy and in a consistent tone and voice, following brand standards and campaign guidelines.
- Create content with SEO best practices to name products for optimal internal and external search.
- Research and stay current on market trends, standards and media channel formats.
- Contribute to the content creation for various social media channels.
- Generate original ideas for seasonal campaigns, catalog focuses, internet features, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Communicate and build relationships with cross functional partners throughout creative process.
- React productively to feedback and requests for revisions and provide creative solutions to copy challenges.
- Develop and coach associate copywriters and junior team members. This includes onboarding, individual performance plans and performance management.
- Must follow all safe work practices, escalate unsafe conditions and report incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area (English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising) with 3-5 years of experience in writing.
- Strong copywriting skills and selling instincts
- Understanding of product positioning
- Creatively driven and have a point of view and able to articulate
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge of catalog, internet, retail and social media writing conventions
- Ability to take guidance and direction and translate it into action.
- Positive and professional attitude with flexibility
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work on multiple projects at one time
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities