Our client recently purchased a new ecommerce platform and are going to be migrating their ski resort websites over the next couple years to integrate with this new system. The customer experience will transition from integrated ecommerce (where you book a product natively in the marketing page), to a hand off to a shop.site. The copywriting task will be to recreate marketing content on product category pages to fit the new format and to encourage moving through conversion funnel. They’re looking for copy that gets the value proposition info of the product front and center and encourages the customer to book.
Our client is a family of 13 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, the company is rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. The family of diverse playgrounds spans five U. S. states and three Canadian provinces.The company honors each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrates the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
Reporting directly to the VP, the Copywriter is someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into marketing concepts and copy content to support the Marketing efforts of our corporate office, our resorts and our multi-mountain season passes. The successful candidate should have an understanding of how marketing campaigns work, especially in the hospitality and experiential industry.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Copywriter will be able to hit the ground running with a proficiency in the industry and the creative process. Applicants with ad agency experience and the ability to concept and write copy for multi-media will be given prime consideration. This role will also be charged with development of new campaigns and alternate creative streams where appropriate. The role will interact daily with corporate and local destination teams on a multitude of topics.
- Work within the brand standards and often an existing campaign platform
- Write short, value proposition content writing (not wordy, brand-heavy, clever turn-of-phrase) Recreate marketing content on product category pages to fit the new format and to encourage moving through the conversion funnel
- Write copy that gets the value proposition info of the product front and center and encourages the customer to book
- Put together disparate elements of copy created by other creative professional for the creation of new marketing communication elements
- Write short form copy for traditional and digital media including video, radio, print, brochures, email, social and website
- Can interpret a project/creative brief and create marketing materials that are on strategy and adhere to all mandatories
- Work with the team, as a creative team member, to develop creative concepts and content that achieves marketing objectives
- Knowledge/experience with the ski industry; hospitality and experiential industries are also very beneficial
- A portfolio of Ecommerce short, value proposition content they have written and made for brands
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven writing, editing, proofreading
- 5+ years of professional experience with an advertising and/or creative agency
- BA/BS in Journalism, English Literature or related field
- Proficiency in using current software to collaborate, markup and edit content projects
- Fluent in relevant software; Google Docs, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe PDF
- Projected Start Date: 5/22/23, or as soon as possible
- Duration: approximately 6 weeks
- Hours/Week: full-time
- Onsite/offsite: if in Denver, you’re welcome to go onsite, ideally for training. The role can also be fully remote (*must be based in the US)
- Laptop/Program Requirements: Talent must have their own computer
- Team Structure: fast-paced digital team, small and mighty
- Background Check needed? no
- Hourly Rate: $47-$70/hour (this is dependent upon years of experience).