Our Copywriter is an integral member of the company’s Marketing team. This person is responsible for writing and editing clear, compelling, and engaging copy. They ensure copy is in the company’s brand voice and tailored for various audiences and stakeholders. This role is focused on writing top-of-the-funnel Marketing content, including customer case studies, and blog posts, as well as editing thought leadership papers, product datasheets, website copy, and more. This role will also provide support for developing customer communications.
In This Role You Will
- Write fresh and engaging content that positions Cornerstone and its customers as leaders in the HR space.
- Strategize HR, learning and talent topics that align with the company’s brand and marketing goals.
- Research and interview stakeholders, such as customers.
- Be responsible for editing copy for other Marketing materials with a keen eye for brand voice. These materials include marketing emails, customer communications, website copy, digital ads, etc.
- Work closely with other teams within Marketing, primarily the Creative/Brand team, Customer Advocacy and Engagement, Field Marketing, Digital Marketing, and Web Development.
You’ve Got What It Takes If You Have
- 3-5 years of experience writing and editing for a B2B tech company (HR industry preferred)
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications (or related fields)
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- High-quality researcher and interviewer
- Reliability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in applying brand voice to content
- Strong ability to work cross-collaboratively with other Marketing teams (Creative, Customer Advocacy, Web, Field Marketing, Digital, Comms, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, especially when providing status updates on content (written and verbal)
- Solid understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with project management tools and content management systems (such as Wrike and Sanity)
- Willingness to accept feedback and adapt to the company’s writing style and processes
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Can provide a portfolio of past work that demonstrates the ability to write clear, engaging content
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment
- Consideration for privacy and security obligations
An Extra Dose of Awesome if You Have
- Experience working in the HR tech industry #LI-ET1