Copywriter, Content & Programming
- Remote, United States
- time type
- Full time
- posted on
- Posted Yesterday
- job requisition id
Exos is looking for a Copywriter to join our Content & Programming team and help grow our in-app and in-person coaching experiences.
The ideal candidate is eager to roll up their sleeves in a fast-paced startup environment and deliver the voice of our Exos coach to our members. After all, it’s this person’s job to become deeply intertwined with Exos methodology and package it in a way that everyday folks can not only understand, but enjoy.
This position will report to/jam on the regular with the Senior Editor. While this role is remote, we’d love to find candidates located near our NYC corporate office for in-person collaboration, when needed.
- Write chatty, service-based wellness copy — including app program modules, challenge titles and descriptions, UX copy — to spur user momentum and encourage behavioral change.
- Collaborate with the Exos Performance team, interviewing sciencey folks (we call them SMEs, or subject matter experts) and translating world-class methodology into actionable, practical, and personalized advice.
- Internalize and own the Exos coach voice to build connection and community with members around the world.
- Edit existing in-app copy to improve our members’ experiences and engagement.
- Brainstorm and prototype ideas for new live classes, holistic programs, and wellness challenges.
- Build and manage the creation of new, sparkly content through Content Management Systems and company databases.
WHO YOU ARE
- Hungry: You’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-evolving work environment.
- Curious: You look at crafting content like putting together a good puzzle.
- Impactful: You’re a savant when it comes to making words pop off the screen.
- A voracious learner: You’ve got a growth mindset and are eager to stretch your skills in a mobile-first environment.
- Excited to iterate: You appreciate content as the living, breathing thing it is — and you don’t shy away from revisiting, refreshing, and altogether changing existing content to meet future needs.
- Cleverly concise: You know how to inspire and spur action with minimal characters (and a few strategically placed emojis).
- Equally comfortable with independent remote work and IRL collaboration: This is a remote role, but we celebrate openness to collaboration — both virtually and, when the need arises, in person.
- Mission-driven: You want to help others reach their personal, professional, and wellness goals.
- Fun: You make words and reading fun. (Because they are!) OK, so you’re also a bit of a nerd. So are we.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Marketing, Advertising, or related wordsmithy field.
- A good 4-6 years under your belt working on content or other editorial pursuits.
- A portfolio of quippy service-based editorial content. Bonus points if it’s related to nutrition, exercise, or mental health.
- A deep understanding of mobile-first and in-app copy.
- A proven track record working with subject matter experts and turning knowledge into actionable steps for consumers. (And you’ve picked up some expertise of your own in the process.)
- Experience or eagerness to work with Content Management Systems and product management/collaboration tools such as Airtable and Confluence.
- Experience with e-learning/training content or ghost-writing. (Not required, but a plus!)
Got a side-hustle or passion project that shows off your skills? Share it in your application and/or resume/CV.
Residents of California, Colorado, New York, and Washington: Per pay transparency requirements, the compensation for this position ranges from $75,000-$85,000 annually. Pay is dependent on factors including site location, specialty, certifications and work experience as well as other business needs. Exos offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full time employees (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Additionally, Exos offers a variety of part time benefits (subject to eligibility requirements).
Who We Are:
Exos, a coaching company, was founded in 1999 and became the industry leader in human performance by preparing elite athletes for their sport. Over two decades later, we have evolved into a company with a goal to ignite the hero in all of us by getting our members ready to achieve what’s most meaningful to them. Whether that’s having energy to chase kids at the playground, coming up with a breakthrough idea at work, getting back into a running plan, or other moments that matter most — Exos gets our members ready.
We provide coaches who empathetically and expertly guide, programs that are personalized, and teams to support members along the way. By leveraging science, technology and engaging programming, we impact hundreds of thousands of members at 400 locations world-wide; ranging from corporate sites and community programs to military and athlete training centers.
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace for all. We invite applicants from a wide variety of identities, ideas, perspectives and experiences and encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Exos offers reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities.