Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
About the Role
Purpose is looking for a freelance senior copywriter fluent in Spanish and English to work on a short term digital campaign targeting Latine audiences in the US. You will be collaborating with Purpose’s Associate Creative Director to develop digital campaign copy in Spanish and English. The ideal candidate will bring with you experience of developing campaigns with or for Latine audiences in the US, strong copywriting and creative experience delivering projects for brands, agencies or non-profits as a copywriter.
You will collaborate with talented designers, strategists, and campaigners, working on projects for positive, lasting change. You will be a champion of words, crafting language in support of our campaign efforts, and giving powerful and appropriate voice to ideas. Your ability to translate complex, strategic concepts into approachable narratives will open doors for those in need, helping people to understand a given issue and know exactly how to take action.
This role is a short term role offered on a part-time contract basis, up to 15 days (approx) between 5th Feb – 16th March.
- Join collaborative team brainstorms to develop campaign concepts and ideas
- Develop strong copy in English and Spanish to bring the campaign to life for this audience
- Optimise campaign content quickly in response to team feedback, content testing, audience feedback
We believe you will be a successful candidate if you have:
- 4+ years work experience writing and concepting for brands, agency on non-profits
- Experience working with and for Latine audiences in Spanish and English (with fluency in both languages)
- A proven ability to guide concept direction and direct copy
- Experience working closely with strategic teams and delivering creative based on strategic insights
- A passion for issue-based or political activism and belief in Purpose’s work combining storytelling and technology to inspire people to remake the world
- Poise under pressure, maintaining quality and attention to detail under real-world deadlines
- A positive attitude and collaborative nature, willing to work in a team and take on board feedback
- Undergraduate degree in advertising, design, journalism or related field
- You are excited to work with global teams and people from diverse backgrounds
- You are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment
- Eligible to work in the US or UK
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a sample of your work in English and Spanish that gives us insight into your experience and style, along with details of your day rate. Deadline for applications is Friday 10th February.