At Vital Proteins, we believe that whole-food based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is led by innovation, big on collaboration and believes in always being good to one another. We’ve gone from start-up to category leader inside ten years but our best work is still ahead of us. And that’s where you come in. We’re looking for some talented individuals to share their expertise, shake things up and help make us even better.
We’re looking for a mid-level Copywriter to join our freshly assembled Creative Studio. This writer will work alongside art directors, designers and other collaborators to tell the story of Vital Proteins. They will be a conceptual thinker big on craft. A writer with range. Adept at all medium – from emails to product copy and film but with a special love for social. Able to go long, if necessary, but also an excellent line writer who can regularly lace some personality into three-to-five words. Though newly formed, our Creative Studio has high ambitions: We are here to make great work with great people. We’d love to have you here in Chicago, but we’re open to remote.
- Write for a variety of formats including print, digital, social, packaging, in-store and more
- Be a guardian of brand tone and voice – in whatever channel or medium it sits
- Be a strategic thinker always with an eye on the big picture
- Create fresh social media content from consideration to awareness marketing
- Contribute to cross-channel ideation and campaign development
- A diligent and thorough editor, grammarian and proofreader
- An open-minded collaborator able work cross functionally with all departments
- Think analytically with some experience in data-driven marketing
- Write LinkedIn job postings
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience
- Whether agency or in-house experience, a strong portfolio required
- A track record of hitting strategic initiatives in brand voice, tone and direction
- Experience collaborating with art directors, designers and multiple stakeholders
- An understanding of or passion for the wellness or CPG industry would be nice
- Attentive to the performance and optimization of creative output
- A history of handling multiple projects, managing time and generally being proactive
- Able to read, write and understand English
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.