If you’re passionate about building a better future for individuals, communities, and our country—and you’re committed to working hard to play your part in building that future—consider WGU as the next step in your career.
Driven by a mission to expand access to higher education through online, competency-based degree programs, WGU is also committed to being a great place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. The university has pioneered a new way to learn in the 21st century, one that has received praise from academic, industry, government, and media leaders. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Works with internal and external clients and colleagues to identify business objectives and ensure that creative solutions are on strategy—effectively explaining the creative strategy behind major marketing campaigns.
- Understands WGU’s style and maintains tight quality control over all the pieces he/she creates; writes in brand voice and supports brand positioning.
- Maintains product knowledge and understands needs of assigned business partners.
- Successfully incorporates all changes and suggestions from internal department reviewers, business partners and legal and compliance reviewers.
- Understands blog objectives and how it fits into University mission.
- Maintains knowledge of industry and marketing communications trends, SEO best practices and understands blog objectives and how it fits into the university mission while incorporating new ideas into company’s process and procedures.
- Helps Creative team workflow process run smoothly and finds innovative ways to enhance it.
- Develops and nurtures relationships with university colleagues— particularly in marketing, public relations and enrollment—operating as a positive agent for improving internal communications and workflow.
- Develops broad marketing messages that can be conveyed across a variety of vehicles
- Working from creative briefs, teams with designers to develop and execute concepts for major program and marketing initiatives
- Writes and manages copy for the university’s website and may write additional SEO-driven assets as needed.
- Writes and oversees content creation for vendor and affiliate sites, as directed
- May design/develop University brochures, flyers, and other print collateral
- May develop broadcast, and email marketing, direct mail campaigns
- Manage email template creation process and coding of all emails
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Exceptional writing skills
- Good collaborator
- Ability to listen well and accurately define and deliver on project objectives
- Ability to take complex topics and convey them in compelling, understandable copy
- Collaborative, with exceptional communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications/presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills essential
- Ability to manage and lead multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Writing samples required
- Understands how to work with a monthly content calendar
As an equal opportunity employer, WGU recognizes that our strength lies in our people. We are committed to diversity.