NEW YORK CITY
Super provides access for everyone to experience more of what life has to offer, whatever their income or circumstance.
We solve real-world problems in fintech, travel, and eCommerce as we help our millions of customers spend less and save more. We have raised over $100MM to date and have driven over $1B in sales since the release of our first product (SuperTravel) in 2016. Our growth and impact are a testament to the work and dedication of our 200+ person team around the world.
We are constantly innovating, building, and iterating. We use data to help us move fast and make decisions. We have an open and transparent culture where everyone has access to information empowering them to be an owner. We are all one team and you will find everyone here is willing to help each other work towards a common goal. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein Fazal on Super’s Core Values.
Employee well-being is a top priority. Whether it’s access to physical/mental health services, competitive compensation, unlimited vacation, or our remote-first work environment – we provide flexible benefits that reflect our employee-first culture and our commitment to a healthy work-life integration.
For highly motivated self-starters, Super accelerates your career growth and unlocks your potential through the people, work, and programs it has to offer. Come join us to make an impact in your career and in the world.
About the Role
We are seeking a wordsmithy Copywriter (see what we did there) to help us drive the awareness, perception and engagement of the Super brand forward in our mission to help everyone experience the best life has to offer. You have strong opinions (and the experience to back them up) on what defines good storytelling and copy, know how to bring a brand’s voice and tone to life, and know what it takes to express a brand’s values and personality through great copy.
We take a highly collaborative approach to working with other teams, so you will also build deep relationships company-wide to ensure positive workstreams. Candidates must have excellent communication and the capacity to synchronize all project elements from concept to actualization, helping guide creative strategy for multiple projects of various sizes and timelines.
Since we are a new team, you will help establish processes and define the execution as to how we manage copy and content requests from XFN partners. This role is critical for Super’s growth across several different business verticals (travel, ecommerce, fintech), and you will have guidance from senior marketing team leadership as well as from your manager, the Creative Director.
You will drive copy and content strategy on various marketing projects and seamlessly switch between writer and strategist. If you are passionate about great copy across a wide range of customer touchpoints, we’d love to hear from you.
Challenges You Will Solve
- Content Strategy: You’ll be a key player in defining how our new brand sounds, and work closely with our team on defining, applying, and monitoring the brand guidelines. You’ll also take the lead on ideation and concepting for new projects of various sizes and scopes.
- Copy Execution: You’re just as comfortable writing copy right inside a Figma mockup as you are in a Google Doc. You’ll work on print and digital ad campaigns, social media posts, email, SMS, websites, and even direct mail/card carriers (among other channels) and own end-to-end copy production on your projects.
- Tools & Technologies: We leverage the top and most efficient creative tools, and maintain organization across all our creative assets in Air and G Drive. Ideally you are familiar with Figma, and perhaps you’ve even used Adobe Creative Cloud for writing and content layouts. For bonus points, you’re familiar with Webflow and have done copy edits using a CMS.
- Planning & Production: You’ll participate in the strategic planning phases of projects, showing an understanding of creative copy and production processes, and the lead times involved. You’ll also help with project prioritization, ensuring we’re spending our time on the projects that matter most and ladder up to departmental and company OKRs while aligning with our brand voice and mission.
- Vendor Management: As they say, your net worth is your network. You’ll help source and maintain relationships with contracted and freelance writers to ensure the most efficient use of time and resources. You will also be a main point of contact for their questions related to copy, content, and brand voice and tone.
- 2+ years in-house creative team or agency experience, or a combination of both. Startup/tech company experience strongly preferred due to the nature of our work
- Demonstrated experience with the creative process, content calendars, and strategy, and copywriting/editing procedures
- Strong understanding of grammar, style, and syntax within American English (most of our products are US-based for the present). Experience with AP style guide a plus.
- Experience with lifestyle, travel, fintech or e-commerce brands, with a portfolio of writing samples that spans text and display ads, social media, email, and website copy
- Comfortable working in an ever-changing environment, where last minute changes can arise and require nimble troubleshooting
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to create multiple copy versions and manage pitches, receive editing and content feedback, and turnaround revisions within a short timeframe
- Effective, category-spanning portfolio of work showcasing marketing/brand copy (Bonus points for examples of UX/product copy)
- Practiced collaborator with strong communication and demonstrated knowledge of how to present/pitch your work and ideas
- Excellent relationship-building know-how and a willingness to hold self and teammates accountable, knowing when to push the envelope and when it’s time to ship
- Self-starter who works well independently; eager and willing to roll up your sleeves and focus on designing things, but also able to oversee contractors and guide your own direct reports as the team grows
- Can remain calm and flexible while dealing with ambiguity; we’re still a startup and things change/shift quite often
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy rewards, and travel discounts using SuperTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development – we’ve got you covered!
- Uber Eats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If needed, please notify our Talent Acquisition Partner.