At U.S. LawShield, you’ll have an opportunity to help educate and empower our communities through knowledge and education, and by promoting a self-defense mindset. Our company challenges the status quo regarding the affordability of legal defense, and we protect our member’s fundamental legal rights. Our higher purpose is to encourage people to take responsible measures to improve their safety and self-defense and to serve those that do. If this resonates with you, apply today to join our team!
We’re looking for an experienced, well-rounded senior copywriter who can bring our brand to life for our audience of responsible self-defenders. The senior copywriter is integral to telling the story of our brand, conveying its value in a way that compels our audience to act.
This individual is a commander of copy and uses words as a tool to differentiate our company to create awareness, retain members and persuade prospects. He or she also understands how messaging relates to broader marketing strategies and can repurpose core content across all relevant channels/platforms while staying in the voice of our brand.
Why U.S. LawShield?
- We’re a mission-driven company, we’re growing, and we want to work with the best
- 15 days of PTO per calendar year, with additional time accruing with tenure
- 10 paid holidays
- 100% remote work
- Medical, dental, vision and additional supplemental coverage options
- EAP with travel protection, counseling and medical bill saver program
- Quarterly travel opportunities for our company-wide meetings
- U.S. LawShield membership included with employment
- Write copy that fulfills the objective of each marketing tactic/broader campaign, incorporating copywriting best practices for any given tactic
- Write compelling short-form copy (email, social posts, web content, ads), long-form copy (blog/SEO articles, video scripts, white papers) and more as the business requires
- Learn and apply the brand’s purpose, value proposition, and style to all content
- Work with project management and other teams to understand and work within the company’s marketing process
- Develop campaign concepts, write the first draft, gather input from stakeholders and refine the copy to best effort.
A Strong Candidate Looks Like
- 10+ years of copywriting experience creating acquisition/retention content, as well as writing executive/employee communications in the voice of a brand
- Big picture thinking – you can look beyond a specific creative piece to the marketing ecosystem in which it lives yet write specifically for the reader
- Excels at writing strategic copy (short- and long-form) for a broad range of marketing communications tactics across multiple marketing channels/platforms
- Strong attention to detail: infallible grammar, editing and proofreading skills
- A portfolio of successful writing samples and the results achieved
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to take constructive feedback
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with various teams (design, project management, legal, etc.)
- Proven time-management skills and ability to quickly respond to changing requirements in a deadline-driven environment
- Quick learner who takes the time to understand the business, its purpose, and products/services
- Ability to adhere to process and roll with repeated content revisions
- Can take diverse and often complex ideas and develop straightforward, compelling copy in our brand’s voice
- Is self-motivated and comfortable managing multiple projects; thrives on new challenges
An Ideal Candidate Also Has
- Experience working within the marketing process of a corporate environment (including working with compliance reviewers) or working in an agency environment
- Experience working in insurance or other regulated industry
- B2C and B2B experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or another relevant field
- Supervise and mentor junior copywriter(s)