The Beautylish creative team is seeking a Freelance Copywriter to contribute to copywriting and content production, from compelling subject lines to makeup tutorials and product pages.
Beautylish is a growing e-commerce company that’s redefining the beauty shopping experience in the digital age. We strive to create a truly exceptional experience for our customers—from the first time they visit our website to the moment they unwrap their order and beyond.
Our ideal freelance Copywriter candidate is a skilled wordsmith with a passion for storytelling who understands the Beautylish brand voice. You should have a genuine interest in all things beauty and have the writing chops to translate your passion into clear, concise, and compelling copy. Our team moves quickly and the work is fast-paced, so you must be comfortable working against tight deadlines, quick turnarounds, and juggling multiple projects and priorities.
- Write short- and long-form copy across all platforms, including marketing emails, editorials, product pages, and more
- Edit and proofread content for clarity, accuracy, and tone
- Develop and maintain the Beautylish voice across all channels
- Assist the Creative and Marketing Teams with projects as needed.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience in writing or content marketing with a strong portfolio of work; experience writing for an e-commerce or beauty website is preferred; bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or Communications a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in and working knowledge of the beauty industry, including familiarity with products, brands, and trends
- Able to work independently to prioritize multiple projects, communicate progress, and meet deadlines on all assignments
- Produce high-quality, finished writing that distills complex ideas into simple, customer-facing messages.
- Top-notch copyediting and proofreading skills: no errors, inaccuracies, or typos make it past you to submission or publishing.
- Estimated monthly workload of 20-30 hours
- 1099 contract position, open only to those currently residing in and legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Remote/work from home from anywhere in the US
- Primary point of contact will be with our west coast based Creative Producer.