You’ll play an important role in shaping and creating our content – from articles and infographics, to social posts and videos. You’ll also create and plan content for our purpose-driven campaigns, that have included our £25,000 Business Boost grant, and Empowering Women in Business with Baroness Karren Brady CBE.
Reporting to Lucy (Senior Copy and Content Manager) you’ll be supported to reach your goals, but with the freedom to manage your own workload and shape your own professional development.
As One Of Our Copywriters, You’ll
- write and refresh content aimed at small business owners and landlords, with a focus on news and guides for our Knowledge centre
- support the restructure of our Knowledge centre, in-line with Google’s latest E-E-A-T updates
- deliver first-class copy on a wide variety of projects – from multi-channel campaigns to landing pages and social posts
- make sure all copy is in line with our tone of voice, and act as an ambassador for the Simply Business brand style.
We’re Looking For Someone Who Is
- an excellent writer with impeccable spelling and grammar
- able to QA your own work and others’
- familiar with the evolving SEO landscape, and understands the role that content must play
- familiar with the principles of content marketing and lead generation
- proactive, able to drive projects and multi-task, and prioritise according to business value
- understands what great social, video, and interactive content looks like, and appreciates the challenges faced by small businesses (an advantage but not essential)
(We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the bullet points above to be considered for this role.)
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
Want to create compelling and meaningful content for the small business market? Apply today.
About Simply Business
We insure small businesses and enable big dreams – not just for our customers, but for our people and communities too. With over 900,000 active insurance policies, we protect builders, bakers, landlords, and more than 1,000 other trades.
We’re as much a technology company as one that sells insurance. We build, we fail, we learn, we improve. We’re a B Corp too, which recognises our strong track record of having a positive impact on people, society and the environment.
Why not check out our advert on YouTube: Simply Business TV advert 2022: You name it. We insure it.
What Are The Benefits?
We support every team member to balance work and life effectively.
- remote working – you can balance working remotely and connecting with colleagues in the office
- mental health and wellbeing resources – access to counselling and technology to support your mental health
- flexible parental leave – we pay six months full pay to the primary caregiver, and four weeks full pay if you’re the secondary caregiver
- paid sabbatical – two weeks off when you’ve been here five years and four weeks off when you’ve been here 10, 15 and 20 years
- a dedicated learning platform – the platform lets you balance both work and life goals (including management and leadership programme)
- life event leave – an extra day of leave every two years for whatever you want: moving house, welcoming a new pet, or your birthday
We Also Make Sure You’re Compensated Fairly
- competitive salary – based upon your experience and the market we’re in from day one
- annual bonus – the potential to earn a bonus based on business performance
- pension – we match what you put into your pension up to five percent
- health cash plan – we reimburse your everyday medical expenses
- holiday entitlement – 25 days leave, plus bank holidays (you can also use your flexible benefits to get up to five days more!)
- life assurance – four times your basic salary
- flexible benefits scheme – an allocated allowance to use each year on things like private medical insurance, dental insurance, travel insurance, up to five days extra holiday, and gym membership.
Ready to join us and drive our success as a high-performing team? Apply today.