To provide welcoming and effective digital mental health support to students proactively.
Using the collective insight from nearly 1 million hours of professional intervention, we guide students to three areas of evidenced-based support: self-guided, community/peer interactions, and chat-based counseling provided by licensed Counselors. These areas of assistance are designed to match each individual student’s current needs, wants and goals as well as identify and refer to higher level of care when needed.
A role with Kooth is an exciting opportunity to join the pioneers of digital mental health and wellbeing. Through online counseling you will be helping to provide youth and students with access to immediate and often crucial support. Kooth uses technology to remove any barriers that could prevent students from accessing the help that they need.
While students have 24/7 access to Kooth’s digital programs, messages and content can be created at any time. This role will be a full-time position focused on providing moderation services to users who are working through the platform.
You Will Be at the Heart of What Kooth is Doing. You Will Be
Role Objective: Empower young people to advocate for their mental health and wellbeing by concepting, authoring and editing short-form, high-engagement Marketing copy. Main responsibilities:
- Demonstrate versatility and short-form finesse by developing copy for Marketing videos, presentations, advertising, and a variety of marketing collateral
- Content Creation. Produce various types of content, such as blog posts, social media updates, emails, website copy, press release type headlines, and whitepapers.
- Ooze authenticity and relatability that captures attention and calls to action.
- Use your red pen for good by thoughtfully editing the work of fellow creatives and colleagues organization-wide while welcoming constructive feedback with a commitment to growth.
- Research, concept, ideate, and pitch content for new and existing Marketing tools.
- Turn mental health headlines to craft novel, topical perspectives that attract the people who advocate for wellbeing.
- Build trust and creative chemistry with fellow marketing team, designers, UX, internal stakeholders, and agency partners.
- Contribute to the development of a fresh, dynamic content calendar reflecting Kooth’s commitment to equity, inclusivity, and social responsibility.
Brand Voice and Style Development
- Make the Kooth voice sing with seamless consistency company-wide by supporting branding initiatives and copy.
- Breathe life, creative insights, and best practices into Kooth marketing brand style guide.
- Partner with UX to design thoughtful user testing and analyze feedback to glean marketing insights
- Pitch, author, and experiment with new copy to untangle copy knots and user friction.
Qualifications & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, education, or related field
- 3+ years experience in short-form digital content writing or copywriting
- 1-2 years of copywriting for marketing and/or managing junior creatives preferred
- Confident versatility to write punchy, original headlines; heart-on-your-sleeve, real-life scenarios; and strategic copy
- Growth mindset attuned to creative risk-taking, problem-solving,
- Familiarity with Google Workspace, Slack, Monday, and Contentful (or aptitude and willingness to learn)
- Ability to create and thrive in the beautiful, fast-paced ambiguity of a start-up
- Genuine passion for mental healthcare accessibility and big-hearted sense of purpose to be a force of positive change
- The salary range for this position will be approximately $40,000 – $50,000 annually, with bonus potential.
Here are some of the exciting benefits you will receive as a team member at Kooth:
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 8 Paid Holidays Plus Two, ½ day Holidays (Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve)
- 401(K) Retirement Plan
Kooth provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.