Your role will be to own copy development from start to finish across multiple channels to maintain consistency of language from one project to the next and collaborate with team members to ensure overall consistency of language, messages, etc. You thrive in a fast-paced, aggressive deadline environment where these skills make all the difference.
Must submit an impressive online portfolio showcasing digital and print copy applications with your resume. The portfolio should highlight your multicultural marketing capabilities.
What does a Copywriter do at Rain the Growth Agency?
Utilize expertise in writing persuasive, conversion-focused copy.
- Write, edit, and publish copy that directly communicates with customers through a multicultural lens.
- Ensure work product is authentic, inclusive, and supports diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate deep brand and subject matter expertise: know the data, claims, core references, competitors, customers, and strategy associated with your brand.
Be a Strategic Marketer as Well as a Creative Thinker
- Create engaging calls to action.
- Work on several projects simultaneously and will need to show the ability to adapt your writing to different audiences.
- Versed in creating content for digital and social (keyword optimization, latest SEM updates, social media character count and appropriate tone of voice)
- Understand how content strategy, key performance indicators, and analytics inform creative solutions and apply insights when developing tactics.
- Attend client meetings, actively listen, add value to discussions, and effectively present ideas.
- Learn our proven approach to DTC advertising called Transactional Brand Building; you will position brands for the long term while selling their products and services in the short term.
- Partner with talented Art Directors and Creative Directors through every phase of the Transactional Brand Building cycle. You will take projects from initial strategy through concepting, presentations, and edits; you will be essential at each stage of development and execution.
What Do We Look for in a Copywriter at Our Agency?
- In the current WFH situation, self-motivation and accountability are essential.
- 5+ years’ experience as a direct response copywriter – digital and non-digital channels — in an agency setting or professional services organization working on healthcare or related field.
- Experience in the multicultural, health-focused urban, Black, and Spanish-speaking markets. Bi-lingual proficiency a major plus.
- Establish and build trusting relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Be the expert in the growing field of Direct-To-Consumer (Performance) advertising.
- Champion the integration of pre-market testing tools to explore new creative formats and ideas.
- Keep up with industry shifts and cultural trends with a drive to share great work and help inspire others.
- Skilled in following software: Adobe Creative Suite, MS Word, Figma, and Jira.
- A great track record with an ad agency or a major brand’s in-house
- creative department within the healthcare industry.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Strong attention to detail, while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Portfolio school and/or undergraduate degree.
- Working knowledge of ChatGPT, Midjourney and other emerging AI tools would be an additional but not mandatory skill set.
- Come to work with a team-oriented attitude and abide by our core values.
Why Work at Rain the Growth Agency?
- We are a national leader in DTC marketing and a fully integrated creative and media agency specializing in both linear and digital channels.
- We have represented many successful companies including OOFOS, Mercari, 1800Contacts, Headspace, Rothy’s, Humana, Bissell and many, many more.
- We believe in Transactional Brand Building. Meaning, we deliver on our clients’ brand and sales objectives at the same time, often with the same work and the same media plan. This proprietary Rain the Growth Agency philosophy has helped build many iconic brands such as Peloton, Wayfair, Humana and Chewy.
- There are about 240 of us all over the U.S. so we are big enough to have all the bells and whistles, but small enough to have a warm welcoming culture where everyone’s voice is heard.
- We are collaborative. We care about, appreciate, and respect each other, value diversity and treat our staff very well.
- We proudly invest in our employees, technology, and tools to ensure the best possible work environment.
- We like to have fun, so there is always an opportunity to join in group activities, book clubs, contests, parties, and events.
- Transparency is valued. Everyone in the company knows how we are doing and where we are going. We encourage open communication and share success with a profit-sharing program.
- We are built for stability. We believe in keeping and enhancing key talent and have a large and diverse roster of impressive clients with diverse revenue sources. We only take on organizations that we believe can scale because our motivation is our clients winning, not just revenue.
- We offer a wide variety of projects for this account, with a variety of team members.
- All of the above because we are privately held. We make big decisions quickly and answer only to our clients and to each other.