Gaia Herbs is growing, and as the leading Herbal Supplement company, we feel an ever-increasing responsibility to contribute to a more inclusive and sustainable economy. This is why our status as a Certified B Corporation is so important as we continue building exceptional teams who create great products, all while being great stewards of our farm and our planet.
We would love to be your next GREAT employer!
We’re looking for a Copywriter to join our team at Gaia Herbs! Reporting to the Manager, Content Marketing, your expertise will help drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement, ultimately supporting the growth of our Direct to Consumer (DTC) e-commerce business, as well as our other product and advertising channels.
This isn’t just another company making claims in the interest of making money. We’re a company with many inspiring things worth talking about. We go above and beyond any standards for herbal supplements because we really believe in the power of herbs, and never taking a shortcut.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Brand, Product, Marketing and other cross-functional stakeholders to define Gaia Herbs’ brand voice and bring it to life across all consumer touchpoints
- Craft compelling, clear, and concise social media and search ads, product descriptions, landing pages, SMS messages, promotional emails, and other short-form content that aligns with Gaia Herbs’ brand voice and style
- Ensure accessibility and DSHEA and FDA regulatory guidelines are upheld and communicated throughout the copy and content in the organization
- Optimize campaigns and ads across search and UI verticals to increase leads and conversions, achieving the highest ROI.
- Develop marketing concepts and copy for healthcare practitioner and consumer audiences, adapting copy to the platform, channel and audience segment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and agency partners to ensure copy and design work is completed effectively, on time, and meets the Gaia standard
- Propose and execute engaging copy concepts based on creative direction and technical information. Participate in working sessions to produce fresh ideas; contribute to creative briefs, campaign development, and creative execution
- Write and/or copyedit all renovated and new products and formulas, adding new product information, updating structure/function claims, and generating promotional messaging to support product launches and campaigns.
- Support the repurposing of written blog content across channels and platforms including video, social media, paid, email, and experimental channels
- Become the expert on Gaia Herbs’ customers. Understand target audiences and motivators to communicate with them in the appropriate style, tone, and voice; ensure all communications are on-brand and on-strategy, and support key business goals
- Curate and analyze customer and performance data to inform copy strategy and direction for campaigns, digital ads, and website copy
- Research claims related to the product and its usage to generate consumer insights and inform copy development; understand market trends, and key messaging angles using consumer reviews, social listening, and alignment with data, analytics and consumer insights
- Develop and iterate on a copy repository to establish flexibility in the marketing organization; optimize existing and new copy for search and user experience, maintaining and refreshing copy as necessary
- Write compelling introductions and other content for existing and new products on our distribution channels such as Amazon, Third Party Marketplaces, the Natural channel, et al including video scripts
- Continually strive to understand the business needs of the organization as it relates to copy, content, and brand.
- 5+ years of experience creating compelling brand, website, and digital content that resonates with users. Must have writing portfolio with examples of product description, ad copy, and other formats.
- An understanding of how regulatory influences content, the latest applications of clinical nutrition and nutritional biochemistry, of FDA (DSHEA) and FTC labeling regulations, and of the culture and sensitivities of the natural products industry.
- 1+ years at a consumer product or eCommerce company
- Background in nutrition, medical, or healthcare field preferred
- Experience with brand, creative concept development, and marketing copywriting across traditional and interactive media
- Knowledge of modern brand marketing needs is essential, with experience working in a distributed marketing team being a plus
- Experience in crafting effective product copy with a strong understanding of UI design principles (and how copy fits into design)
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices and principles as they relate to copywriting decisions
- Proficiency in modern remote workplace tools like Google Suite, Workfront, Shopify, Slack, Outlook, etc.
- Experience with eCommerce analytics tools like Daasity, Google Analytics, Hotjar, and SEO programs like Ahrefs and SEMrush
- Has a proven track record of building optimized and engaging copy that fosters customer loyalty and lifetime value
- Highly task-oriented and deadline-driven with a commitment to excellence.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to convey complex concepts in an engaging and understandable way.
Our Perks & Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance – eligible the first day of the month after you start.
- Health savings account
- Wellness discounts on health insurance
- PTO, sick leave, paid holidays
- 401(k) – 100% match up to 3%
- Annual Incentive Plan (Bonus)
- Stock Options
- Volunteer time off
- Voting time off
- Recognition programs
- Gaia product discounts
- Birthday honey from the Gaian bees
- Gaia swag
- Nutritious lunches cooked by our own company chef using Gaia’s herbs, veggies and local organic meats.
- Free farmer’s market during season from Gaia’s own 350-acre farm.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gaia Herbs, Inc., where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. All employees and applicants will be treated fairly, with dignity and respect, in accordance with, and as defined by federal, state and local non-discrimination laws.