Full-Time Copy Writer ($78k to $92k)
Location: United States
Who We Are
Babylist is the leading digital destination for growing families. For over a decade, Babylist has been the technology solution for expecting parents and the community that supports them, expanding from baby registry into a full-service platform that helps parents make decisions with confidence, stay connected and build happy and healthy families. Every year Babylist helps over 9M people make purchases through its registry, app, ecommerce shop and comprehensive product guides. The Babylist ecosystem now includes Babylist Health, which provides access to products and services including insurance-covered breast pumps, Expectul, a new voice in health and wellness for pre-pregnancy through postpartum care, and The Push, a branded content studio that works with the biggest companies in the baby space. With over 59M monthly pageviews and 1.2M TikTok followers, Babylist is a generational brand leading the $88 billion baby product industry. To learn more about Babylist’s registry options, editorial content and more, visit www.babylist.com
Our Ways of Working
We have team members located across the United States spanning multiple time zones. This means we put in extra effort to make sure we connect and collaborate in ways that make sense for us. We know how valuable the flexibility of remote work is for our employees.
We know that personal connection is the foundation for the great work we do together. In order to build those relationships with team members in other cities, we meet with coworkers in person two times a year at a full company offsite and a departmental offsite. These offsites are expected of employees and are great opportunities to meet the people you work with every day and to do some of the work that is much more difficult to do virtually.
What the Role Is
As a Copywriter, you will be responsible for written copy across Babylist channels including website, social, email, and more. To excel in this role, you have a love for the written word and sharp editing skills. You are well-versed in product storytelling across mediums. You’re able to synthesize priorities and messages from a variety of departments and produce clear, functional, on brand copy for Babylist. You have an eye for detail as well as a keen understanding of how copy fits into the bigger picture. This Copywriter can combine marketing, content, and brand strategy with UX writing to create cohesive campaigns.
Who You Are
- You have 3-5 years experience in a copywriting role, specifically in the ecommerce space
- You are well-versed in writing across digital channels, with demonstrated experience in short-form marketing copy
- You have experience working with product and UX teams
- You have experience implementing learnings from digital metrics (email open rates, A/B testing, etc.) a plus
- You have the ability to prioritize own workload to deliver effective, on-brand copy in a timely manner
- You have the ability to adapt to varying audience behaviors and writing styles across different platforms
- You have strong attention to detail, organization, and commitment to ensuring overall accuracy
- You have the ability to work well within a team (at all levels) and cross-functionally with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You have a passion for retail and customer experience
- You have a deep understanding of written storytelling strategy
How You Will Make An Impact
- Create clean, engaging, on-brand copy for all digital marketing assets including, but not limited to: email/MMS, landing pages, website updates, paid social, and blog posts
- Ensure all copy is unified within the brand voice and style guidelines
- Collaborate with product, social, digital and CRM teams across platforms for tight brand positioning and consistent voice
- Take ownership of deadlines and stay on top of project schedules and updates
- Support the Social Media teams in deliverables as needed
- Stay on top of baby industry trends and social trends
- Additional responsibilities as required
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
The estimated pay range for this role is $78,612.00- $92,862.50
In addition, Babylist offers equity, bonus, and benefits, including company paid health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) matching, flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies.
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
39 total views, 1 today