Contract Content Writer – Elementary Math
We are looking for a content writer to author ten new Boardworks elementary school math presentations, including teaching slides, interactive activities, and teacher notes. The ideal candidate will have current or recent teaching experience, a good understanding of elementary math content and teaching strategies, clear writing skills, and the creativity to devise engaging interactives to reinforce students’ learning.
This is a short term, contract position lasting for 3-4 months.
- Work with GL editor to finalize content to cover in each presentation
- Write text for instructional slides
- Write briefs for interactive activities and new art as needed
- Write teacher notes to accompany slides as needed
- Ensure that all new content is accurate, relevant to the curriculum, age appropriate, and engaging for students
- Revise work based on reviewer feedback
The Ideal Candidate Should Have
- Recent experience of teaching elementary math
- Familiarity with elementary math standards and teaching strategies
- Excellent command of written English and an ability to write clearly and concisely
- Ability to design engaging interactive activities to reinforce learning
- General familiarity with technology and a willingness to learn new software (no prior experience with any specific software required)
- Variable, in the region of 5-10 hrs/wk for 3-4 months from March