Full-Time Content Writer/Editor
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data.
The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They’re made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and “DNA” that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We were awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India’s National Data Platform used by India’s Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
💡 We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That’s how Atlan was born. We’re on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives’ best work.
Read our co-founder Prukalpa’s article on the half-a-decade backstory that drives everything we do at Atlan and our journey of failing three times before we figured out the real solution.
🚀 We’re Growing Fast
In the last two years, we have onboarded several dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 19+ countries.
In 2022 Atlan was named a Leader on the Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Catalogs for Data Ops after also being named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps (the fastest company to do this since launch!).
Last year we also raised Series B funding with a $450million valuation. We’re backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors. 🏅
Watch this six-minute video of our journey so far and where we’re going.
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences across their diverse teams. Data is chaos, but that doesn’t mean that work should be! 🌟
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with.
Why Is This Role Important For Us? 🤔
- At Atlan, we’re growing fast in regions around the world. In the past two years, we’ve won some amazing customers including Autodesk, Nasdaq, Unilever, WeWork and many more!
- We are changing how organizations fundamentally think about data governance, data discovery and active metadata, in this role the content you produce will be fundamental to help customers understand the new course Atlan is charting.
- As a marketing first organisation, you will have the opportunity to help build the best data publication in the world. Check out what we have been building so far – Humans of Data.
Your Mission at Atlan
- Write and edit high-quality content for various channels, including blogs, whitepapers, case studies, website copy, and more.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, design, and data, to gather information and insights for creating informative and engaging content.
- Craft clear, concise, and engaging content that educates and resonates with our end user personas (Data Engineers, Analytics Engineers, BI Analysts, Business Users, etc)
- Edit and proofread content for grammar, style, and accuracy, ensuring a consistent brand voice and message across all materials.
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts to develop thought leadership pieces, guides, and informative content.
What Makes You a Match For Us?
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience as a content writer and editor, ideally in the technology, SaaS, or data-related industries.
- Ability to distill complex ideas and technical concepts into clear and engaging content.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with a portfolio showcasing diverse content pieces and writing styles.
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for grammar, punctuation, and style consistency.
- Proficiency in content management systems (CMS) and basic knowledge of HTML.
Do Your Life’s Best Work at Atlan 🚀
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life’s best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their life’s best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai.
We’d normally invite potential Atlanians to our office to meet our team and understand our culture. But since the global pandemic, we’ve opened up our internal team handbook instead, which is a great read about our values and principles and how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.
Excited about the opportunity? Apply now! 👇
56 total views, 1 today