We are seeking a metrics-driven and goal-oriented Content Writer to join our marketing team and enrich our websites with new blog posts, guides, original thought pieces, case studies, marketing copy, and more. Termly is a well-established, SEO-driven company contributing to the data privacy community for many years. We desire a passionate individual to continue our content contributions to this space.
Your responsibilities will include writing short and long-form content, conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, suggesting ideas for new content types, and proofreading articles before editorial review. You’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you.
Why We’re Different
We’ve already achieved product/market fit. We’ve built this business through grit, hard work, and smart decision-making. We’re organized, experienced, and in growth mode, and we are looking for fellow self-motivated individuals to join our team.
If you are a talented and ambitious content writer ready to take your career to the next level and want to work with a small group of like-minded people, you’ve come to the right place.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews, and studies)
- Keep up to date on the industry, SEO practices, the Termly product, and competitors.
- Simplify complex topics, ideas, and insights into clear, concise, and compelling content that resonates with key audiences.
- Write in-depth and well-researched informational content that targets specific user intent and keywords.
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Craft emails, outreach briefs, social media posts, and newsletter content
- Collaborate with your team to create complex pieces of content such as case studies, white papers, data storytelling, original thought pieces, and more
- Proofread and edit content before submitting it for review
- Prepare well-structured drafts for review in WordPress
- Submit work to managers for input and approval
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Follow our style guide and ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone)
- Update and refresh website content as needed
Requirements and Skills
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer, Copywriter, or similar role
- Ability to write 30,000+ words per month plus ad hoc content
- Considerable SEO experience
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Excellent writing and editing skills in fluent English
- Hands-on experience with WordPress
- Ability to meet deadlines
We offer the opportunity to work with smart and collaborative team members, with opportunities for upward mobility. Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Fully remote
- Great medical, dental, and vision plans
- Life & disability
- 401k retirement plan
- Three weeks of PTO
- 11 paid holidays