GiveCampus is the world’s leading fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions. Trusted by 1,000+ colleges, universities, and K-12 schools, our mission is to help advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We received a seed investment from Y Combinator in 2015 and have pursued a strategy of “Sustainable Growth” ever since: six consecutive years of profitability and positive cash-flow have empowered us to stay laser-focused on the value we deliver to our customers and to directly actualize the change we wish to see in the world.
Through The GiveCampus Social Mobility Initiative, we’ve donated $1 million in free fundraising support for programs that help low-income students, first-generation students, and underrepresented minorities. And in 2022, we were named to Y Combinator’s Top Companies list and the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
While we operate at meaningful scale (we’ve facilitated more than $2 billion in charitable giving), we’re still small relative to the commercial and social good opportunities in front of us. Every GiveCampus employee has a substantial impact on our trajectory, and we’re growing to help schools achieve even greater results.
Our purpose-driven team of 70+ is located across the US: team members work from anywhere they choose. We have a beautiful 12,000sf office in Washington, DC that is available for people to use whenever they want, and we regularly organize team meet-ups, events, and retreats in various locations. We’re looking to expand our team with diverse and collaborative doers who believe in our mission and the transformative power of affordable, high-quality education.
We are looking for an experienced B2B writer to help build brand awareness, generate leads, and position GiveCampus as a thought leader in educational philanthropy. You will do this by writing and creating engaging content for our website, blog, social media accounts, and other platforms. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices and experience using WordPress, Asana, and HubSpot, or similar tools. This role will report to the senior content marketing manager.
What You’ll Do
- Write, edit, and proofread B2B blogs, case studies, emails, landing pages, social media posts, one-pagers, ebooks, event signage, and more.
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
- Promote content on social media.
- Update and maintain content style guide.
- Take ownership of a monthly prospect newsletter.
- Edit, update, and optimize existing content to improve readability and SEO rankings.
- Identify gaps in existing content and recommend new topics and new channels.
- Stay up to date on industry trends.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and consistency in messaging, branding, and style.
- Work with the content manager to build out and maintain editorial calendars.
- Coordinate with the in-house designer to illustrate content as needed.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, journalism, or related field.
- Proven content writing or copywriting experience, preferably in the B2B and SaaS space.
- Familiarity with WordPress, Asana, and HubSpot, or similar tools.
- An understanding of SEO best practices.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace applications.
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- The ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Effective communication skills.
To Apply, Please Submit
- Brief cover letter
- 2-3 samples of content that you’ve created
$88,000 – $100,000 a year
The salary range for this position is $88,000 – $100,000 a year. At GiveCampus, we value diversity and we pledge to foster an environment of support, inclusivity, and learning, both on the job and throughout the application process. In this spirit, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
GiveCampus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are not discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome often get in the way of connecting with incredible people, and we don’t want them to prevent us from meeting you.
How to Apply